ADVERTISEMENT

Five in - Five out Substitutions

And if we get past Iowa and have to face the Terps
they are turning it over again and again vs. the Michigan press

Watching the hustle of the press the entire games has been very enjoyable to watch!

Really been looking forward to the Iowa rematch, and to see if RU has an answer to the B1G player of the year.

No matter what happens, very happy with the toughness and resilience of the team!

Reactions: MADHAT1
Rutgers womens basketball team for future success must be based on full court pressure defense because its unique and also wears down the opponent.At the same time needed improvement on offense in ball handling,making layups and more consistent 3 point shooting is required to win league championships and to reach at last the quarter finals of the NCAA Tournament.

In the NCAAs it needs to be 4 in 4 out ... Jordan Wallace should not see the court unless we’re in serious foul trouble, she has to improve her game badly. On both sides

Best players need to play in right combo

Not a fan of 5 in..5 out

I am fine with it to start the game.

It gets everyone involved and invested in the game.

Once players begin to tire at various stages due to different conditioning levels, or if players get into foul trouble, then you have to go with different combinations.

Also, if 1 player is so much better than everyone else (Baylor transfer?), I would play her for longer stretches.

In the Purdue game, I thought it was effective because they use so few players, and I think a team like that will wear down at the end of the game (like a boxer taking body blows all game).

It has to be discouraging seeing wave after wave of fresh players come in.

It’s probably not as effective against deep teams, or teams with great ball handlers (obviously).

Last edited:
I really like this...it can dishearten an opponent seeing the next wave of pressing players take the court.

This has been done for 3+ quarters and then you play your best lineup with their fresh legs down the stretch.

That's a very optimistic view. I go the other way. The opponent is going to be heartened to see a wave consisting of the 6th-best through 10th-best players coming at them...

That's a very optimistic view. I go the other way. The opponent is going to be heartened to see a wave consisting of the 6th-best through 10th-best players coming at them...
I don't think the second wave of players are the 6th through 10th best players on this team. Mack is a better defender than Calhoun and has been shooting better lately as well. Most of the guards are at similar levels. Carey, Guirantes and Harris are the 3 best players of the 10 available, but other than Jordan Wallace, who just isn't as athletic as the rest (though her effort is there), I don't think we lose a whole lot using this tactic during the game when we want to run the 55 a lot.

Reactions: Bon1674
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT