ADVERTISEMENT

Why?

Jerseylegends

Junior
Mar 15, 2023
Not sure if I was seeing what I think I was seeing. But to me it looks like during the win streak Jeremiah Williams was the primary ball handler. Bringing the ball up and making decisions to dictate the offense. In the beginning of the game it looked like he was mostly off the ball while Davis and Simpson brought the ball up and ran the offense. I thought maybe he was hurt or maybe they were conserving his energy. But then after Maryland started increasing their lead I see him trying to run the offense and as the announcer was saying start pressing to do too much. Is he still injured a little or what? He should be initiating the offense. Now it's all about figuring out your best way to play to make a b1g tournament run. The best version of this team is with Williams dictating the offense.

Not sure if I was seeing what I think I was seeing. But to me it looks like during the win streak Jeremiah Williams was the primary ball handler. Bringing the ball up and making decisions to dictate the offense. In the beginning of the game it looked like he was mostly off the ball while Davis and Simpson brought the ball up and ran the offense. I thought maybe he was hurt or maybe they were conserving his energy. But then after Maryland started increasing their lead I see him trying to run the offense and as the announcer was saying start pressing to do too much. Is he still injured a little or what? He should be initiating the offense. Now it's all about figuring out your best way to play to make a b1g tournament run. The best version of this team is with Williams dictating the offense.
Was wondering the same thing

I could not agree more with this. I watch Maryland and Jahmir Young is constantly the primary ball handler when on the floor. I look at Rutgers, with the lack of talent and what JWill showed since his return, and so I say why is he not handling the ball constantly similar to what I am seeing with Maryland and Jahmir Young? I watch and I say why is Simpson running the offense? Why is JMike?? Mystery to me as our best ball handler, creator, facilitator and scorer is all the same guy, JWill……he has not been dictating the offense as much as they can have him dictate. I don’t know why, I just know that I see it with my own eyes. Mystery to me why we don’t treat our best player like Maryland does when it comes to running an offense.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
I could not agree more with this. I watch Maryland and Jahmir Young is constantly the primary ball handler when on the floor. I look at Rutgers, with the lack of talent and what JWill showed since his return, and so I say why is he not handling the ball constantly similar to what I am seeing with Maryland and Jahmir Young? I watch and I say why is Simpson running the offense? Why is JMike?? Mystery to me as our best ball handler, creator, facilitator and scorer is all the same guy, JWill……he has not been dictating the offense as much as they can have him dictate. I don’t know why, I just know that I see it with my own eyes. Mystery to me why we don’t treat our best player like Maryland does when it comes to running an offense.
The question is what offense?

The offense that was ran during the win streak. Team actually looked good.
Yes they did when Jwill had the ball in His hands like you stated. I am just talking overall for this program as we have zero identity. Again clear yesterday that we have no clue what we are doing as players or coaches on that side of the ball and it’s evident in many ways

Reactions: Jerseylegends
Yes they did when Jwill had the ball in His hands like you stated. I am just talking overall for this program as we have zero identity. Again clear yesterday that we have no clue what we are doing as players or coaches on that side of the ball and it’s evident in many ways
Idk if it's because I'm out of the loop..maybe they are seeing how jwill would help off the ball while others run the offense. I'd say we now have that figured out. Lol jwill on the ball from the get go...please..

The game was loss early when Maryland was playing a zone defense and Rutgers reacted like they were playing man to man defense trying to drive to the basket with poor results.The coaching staff during a time out should have put a player at the top of the foul line to catch the pass for a short jump shot or pass to the corners for open 3 pointers.
Playground offense doesn't work with players that don't have the skillset to create and make shots off the dribble.In contrast Maryland was getting uncontested dunks and wide open 3 pointers from the corners.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT