ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Fernandes

Noah hits foul shots. Can hit a three. He rebounded well yesterday. Taking way too much heat.

I think he's taking too much heat also, but I might not consider "Can hit a three" as one of the major attributes of a player who's shooting 28.6% 3 PT. But I guess it's all relative...

Last edited:
Less damaging on offense?? 2 points, FOUR TURNOVERS and ZERO ASSISTS in just THIRTEEN MINUTES is less damaging on O??? You've got to be kidding me.
In one game. You blame him for others inability to score. He’d have plenty of assists if the frontcourt guys weren’t mostly useless in half court offense. One thing he doesn’t do is take terrible shots and miss most of them. He doesn’t try 1 on 4 fast breaks and he doesn’t trip over his feet or kick the ball out of bounds. Who selfishly took it upon himself yesterday to dribble away last 25 seconds of the first half only to chuck up a basketball abortion ? Disgusting. Not Noah.

That’s what I mean by less damaging.

In one game. You blame him for others inability to score. He’d have plenty of assists if the frontcourt guys weren’t mostly useless in half court offense. One thing he doesn’t do is take terrible shots and miss most of them. He doesn’t try 1 on 4 fast breaks and he doesn’t trip over his feet or kick the ball out of bounds. Who selfishly took it upon himself yesterday to dribble away last 25 seconds of the first half only to chuck up a basketball abortion ? Disgusting. Not Noah.

Understood, but if Noah doesn't take terrible shots and miss most of them like certain other players that you refer to, why is he still shooting around the same percentage from the field as Derek and Gavin are, and a lower percentage than Jamichael? I could be wrong, but if his shot selection is a lot better than the guards that you referred to as "reckless chuckers" and he deserves to play for that reason, it seems like he should have a better shooting percentage...

Please look up who has the worst assist to turnover ratio of the following three players: Fernandes, Simpson, Davis. Then get back to me. :)

Understood, but if Noah doesn't take terrible shots and miss most of them like certain other players that you refer to, why is he still shooting around the same percentage from the field as Derek and Gavin are, and a lower percentage than Jamichael? I could be wrong, but if his shot selection is a lot better than the guards that you referred to as "reckless chuckers" and he deserves to play for that reason, it seems like he should have a better shooting percentage...
Because he's less athletic, less of a slasher and doesn't get layups that Simpson and Davis do, which boosts their percentages. Without layups, what's Simpson's FG % ? 10 % ?

Gavin forces shots like the other two also, so I doubt he has a better FG% because he doesn't get layups either. And it's not uncommon for GG to score 0.

Honestly, I was truly disgusted watching Simpson keep the ball the entire last possession of the first half and try to hoist garbage while the rest of the team stood still and watched. Sure, do that with 7-9 seconds left. Not with a full shot clock. Didn't even get it off IIRC. Pathetic display of selfishness.

Anyhow, they all have their limitations but in a half court set I'd much rather have Noah than the other two in the game. Their skills are in fast breaks. They are better than Noah at that. But they are mostly brutal in half court offense, not looking to pass and instead just taking hideous shots, especially Simpson.

Biggest ones
Geo
Caleb
Mag

*who else , out of high school, that were impact players

*cliff and RHJ were well known
Myles Johnson, Jacob young transfer,
Biggest ones
Geo
Caleb
Mag

*who else , out of high school, that were impact players

*cliff and RHJ were well known
Myles Johnson and Eugene Omuryui come to mind. RHJ had a single other high major offer. PM would fall into the cliff bucket not Ron.

Also pretty unfair to ignore wins in the transfer portal like Jacob young, spender, yeboah.

I’ve gotta say, I rewatched the last game (vs. MD) besides that really bad lay up miss…Noah played pretty well. He made some great defensive plays. He got in the lane couple of times where it disrupted their offense, had a nice steal and lay up. Bunch of offensive rebounds. He missed some shots. They were pretty good tho. His one turnover was him falling after getting an offensive rebound. I can’t remember the other TOs.

Well well well
I KNEW this was gonna be dredged up.
Wisconsin is pretty slow and they play slow - favorable for his style of play. He was however abused on D in the first half. So - great game for sure, but let’s not get go overboard- Steve has to be very smart in how he uses him.

I KNEW this was gonna be dredged up.
Wisconsin is pretty slow and they play slow - favorable for his style of play. He was however abused on D in the first half. So - great game for sure, but let’s not get go overboard- Steve has to be very smart in how he uses him.
He was shooting over them, speed had little to do with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT