ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Fernandes

One thing you will notice is that when we need to protect a lead late, Noah will be on the floor. He and Simpson are the best free throw shooters.
I hear you, but hes also vulnerable to traps and turnovers. I’ll roll the dice on guys who can actually handle the ball.

One thing you will notice is that when we need to protect a lead late, Noah will be on the floor. He and Simpson are the best free throw shooters.
Yes that's his one specific use now. It's a tough role to come into a game late ice cold and hit pressure FTs

If Noah is in that situation and bricks a FT this board is going to be so very cruel

• Haha
Reactions: RUskoolie
His value to the team is making free throws in crunch time. He’s also a good enough ball handler to be in at the end of games too.

This is in my opinion important in close games.

Reactions: ancienthooper
So far he’s had a lot of whiffs
Caleb and Mag are under the radar guys he nailed. RHJ was under recruited. Geo too. He has no more misses than most D1 coaches. Souf, Bullock don't count - he was so desperate to fill out a roster after the EJ years he took what he could get. Oskar, Jalen and Dean are the biggest offenses thus far - no doubt about those guys.

And do people not expect him to hype up his guys preseason? To show confidence in what hes got? Maybe take it with a grain of salt and don't be shocked that its hype.

Caleb and Mag are under the radar guys he nailed. RHJ was under recruited. Geo too. He has no more misses than most D1 coaches. Souf, Bullock don't count - he was so desperate to fill out a roster after the EJ years he took what he could get. Oskar, Jalen and Dean are the biggest offenses thus far - no doubt about those guys.

And do people not expect him to hype up his guys preseason? To show confidence in what hes got? Maybe take it with a grain of salt and don't be shocked that its hype.
Geo was a tremendous find.
Caleb too

Reactions: patk89
I hear you, but hes also vulnerable to traps and turnovers. I’ll roll the dice on guys who can actually handle the ball.
How many times this year has Simpson stumbled and fallen on his face trying pushing the ball in traffic ? More than I can count it seems. Same tally for Davis on contested shots early in the clock.

Noah may not be the defender those guys are but is less damaging on O. What’s Simpson’s FG % again ?

Pike plays him for good reason. He’s not a reckless chucker like Simpson and Davis.

• Haha
Reactions: Eagleton96
I get nervous when I see Noah out there in crunch time. He has trouble against pressure D and and turns the ball over too much for a 5th yr point guard.

Reactions: RUSCFORMERLYRULOU
How many times this year has Simpson stumbled and fallen on his face trying pushing the ball in traffic ? More than I can count it seems. Same tally for Davis on contested shots early in the clock.

Noah may not be the defender those guys are but is less damaging on O. What’s Simpson’s FG % again ?

Pike plays him for good reason. He’s not a reckless chucker like Simpson and Davis.
Less damaging on offense?? 2 points, FOUR TURNOVERS and ZERO ASSISTS in just THIRTEEN MINUTES is less damaging on O??? You've got to be kidding me.

Not sure how you can trust Austin or JMike from the line in an intentional foul situation
Love those guys but they’re both shooting below 40% from the free throw line so far this season. Anyone suggesting they’d rather see them taking late game free throws over the guy shooting 87% is out of their mind.

The challenge is - we appear to be settling on the starting five with Davis, Simpson, and J Williams. That leaves the only bench guards as Austin Williams and Noah, when those guys need to start rotating out for rest. With Austin hurting, it must be Noah. He's got more talent than he's shown. He has to buy into this role of a 10-20 minute bench guy to be more effective. It's been a rough season for Noah but he could have a good night and be key to securing a W down the stretch.

Reactions: new jersey1
The challenge is - we appear to be settling on the starting five with Davis, Simpson, and J Williams. That leaves the only bench guards as Austin Williams and Noah, when those guys need to start rotating out for rest. With Austin hurting, it must be Noah. He's got more talent than he's shown. He has to buy into this role of a 10-20 minute bench guy to be more effective. It's been a rough season for Noah but he could have a good night and be key to securing a W down the stretch.
That's what I said when Austin first came back and worked his way back into the rotation

Noah did have a better second half and some nice effort on the boards. Big steal for 2. But you can't come in as a senior PG and be a turnover machine

He's a longgg way from earning 20 min a night at this point

Reckless chucker?

The Perpetual Douchebag strikes again

Reactions: satnom
I would think in most instances Gavin would be part of guard rotation before Noah.

So how high can you count? Not very high I take it.

He's a longgg way from earning 20 min a night at this point
Agreed that his play is not EARNING that time right now, but we have limited options. Until Austin is back and shows he deserves more minutes than Noah, we can:

Bench Davis for Hyatt/Gavin to start games
Bench Simpson for Hyatt/Gavin to start games
Play Noah up to 15 minutes as needed and hope for the best - it's clear Noah won't be starting again anytime soon.

20 is a stretch when I originally said that, as I see he played 13 minutes last night even with Jeremiah's foul troubles.

I hope the team's two game winning streak will help Noah rediscover his love for the game and he will embrace a bench role, giving his all when his number is called and playing within the flow of the offense.

Agreed that his play is not EARNING that time right now, but we have limited options. Until Austin is back and shows he deserves more minutes than Noah, we can:

Bench Davis for Hyatt/Gavin to start games
Bench Simpson for Hyatt/Gavin to start games
Play Noah up to 15 minutes as needed and hope for the best - it's clear Noah won't be starting again anytime soon.

20 is a stretch when I originally said that, as I see he played 13 minutes last night even with Jeremiah's foul troubles.

I hope the team's two game winning streak will help Noah rediscover his love for the game and he will embrace a bench role, giving his all when his number is called and playing within the flow of the offense.
So without foul trouble how many does he get? 0-5 maybe? Then what happens when Austin is back?

I just don't know if Noah has the time left to earn his way back into the rotation since he won't be here next year... barring more injury issues. If everyone is healthy, he's played his way out of the rotation

Reactions: RUChoppin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT