ADVERTISEMENT

Cold Hard Truth on Noah Fernandes

Had a good game, but I don't think anyone would say that he won the game for us. The cold hard truth is that the future of Rutgers does not include Noah Fernandes and the future of Noah Fernandes does not include Rutgers. It is half way through February and Pikes (as typical in his RU tenure but not at Stony Brook) has a rotation that is too damn big . He feeds minutes to guys who add little. At this point good teams have boiled the rotation down to 7. Personally I would not give Noah one more minute of PT. He 35% inside the arc!!! and 34% outside. Not great. He don't see him in the flow on offense or defense. 19 total steals for the SEASON is woeful for a guard on a Pike team and 1.6 assists/gm mostly from an inability to feed Cliff is really the only stat I need to send him to end of the bench that has no cell phone service...next to Oscar and Wolfman.
So I see that timing is your strong suit.

Derek is not having a great season but he does have a future with RU. Better investment for the future to add 4 or 5 min/pg for Derek. I'd give JaMike a couple of Noah's minutes. He commits fewer fouls and turnovers, more steals, rebounds, and assists...his terrible FT% is tough to take. Both have been horrible finishers, but I think JaMike has an upside.
Noah lost his starting spot and JMike is now a starter….he already is getting “a couple of Noah’s minutes.”

As others have said, Noah is guard depth. He’ll get 8-10 minutes. More if he’s hot, less if not.

Had a good game, but I don't think anyone would say that he won the game for us. The cold hard truth is that the future of Rutgers does not include Noah Fernandes and the future of Noah Fernandes does not include Rutgers. It is half way through February and Pikes (as typical in his RU tenure but not at Stony Brook) has a rotation that is too damn big . He feeds minutes to guys who add little. At this point good teams have boiled the rotation down to 7. Personally I would not give Noah one more minute of PT. He 35% inside the arc!!! and 34% outside. Not great. He don't see him in the flow on offense or defense. 19 total steals for the SEASON is woeful for a guard on a Pike team and 1.6 assists/gm mostly from an inability to feed Cliff is really the only stat I need to send him to end of the bench that has no cell phone service...next to Oscar and Wolfman.
Idiot Take..

I think him and Gavin each get a chance to see if tonight is gonna be their night. If they don't start hot, they get the hook. Noah will pass the ball and has a track record of making 3's in college. I think he should get 1st crack each game.

They need to look at him like we did with Spenser. Spencer is taller but doesn't have a crazy fast release.

It's only Feb 13th and you have LOCKED DOWN the single worst post of the year. Actually, coming on the heels of a game which HE PLAYED A HUGE ROLE IN WINNING GOING 6-6 (5-5 FROM 3), this might be a top 10 ALL-TIIME WORST POST on these boards. CONGRATS!!!

Last edited:
"The cold hard truth is that the future of Rutgers does not include Noah Fernandes and the future of Noah Fernandes does not include Rutgers"

DOES THE OP REALIZE NOAH'S CAREER IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL IS DONE FOLLOWING OUR LAST GAME THIS SEASON? This is his 5th FULL SEASON playing (NO RS'S...):

Wichita St - 1
UMass - 3
RU - 1
TOTAL - 5

Did you pre-write this post prior to the last game and after he makes 5 threes, you debated how long you should wait before posting it?

Seriously the timing of this post is head scratching.

Reactions: TRU2RU
This dude saw the Pike sleeping walking through our 3 game win streak post and said hold my beer

Cold hard truth is that this is a terrible take.
Bad-Knight
Tired Good Morning GIF by Hop To It Productions

• Haha
Reactions: Pdabs
Noah gives it 100%.

Positives: free throw %, 3 point %, ball handling

Negatives: defense, can’t distribute, cannot drive to the hoop and shake off a defender

He should play 5 minutes in each half and always be in when we have a 5 point lead with under 3 minutes to go.

Reactions: fluoxetine
I have been as critical of fernandes as anyone here but this is just dumb.

Our guards (outside jwill) are flat out not good. Simpson does not warrants 30+ mins a game.

Noah’s role is exactly what happens Saturday. Come off the bench, hit some shots, make an impact. We need any offense we can get ESPECIALLY from the bench.

Just as palmquist was big yesterday, Noah can be big for this team again. The exact reason why you don't write players off. Energy can change, these guys practice basketball every day...any of them can get hot on any given day..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT