ADVERTISEMENT

Rapid Reaction — Wisconsin Pt. 2

He doesn’t hit threes at all
Nor can he hit free throws.
Rarely turns ball over?

Simpson does both better in all three categories and also plays tremendous D but you wouldn’t know it from this board.
JFC, you're such an odd geezer. You are so sensitive about Simpson (whom I like, and hope stays), that you hunt for flaws in JMike's game.

Yes - he RARELY turns the ball over. In his last 5 games, he has 3 total TO's. That's as the primary ball handler in almost 23 minutes per game.

Please check your facts. JMike FEWER TO's than Derek. JMike HIGHER FG% than Derek (both subpar). Yes, JMike was bad from the line this year. His stroke is good, so that will certainly improve. Derek averaged 0.3 more 3pt made per game. Not statistically significant.

Danny Breslaur said it best on twitter - Davis is our best on-ball defender since Marquis Webb. You are blind to all his obvious positives. This is like when you used to trash Mike Williams bc people criticized your favorite player Bishop Daniels.

JFC, you're such an odd geezer. You are so sensitive about Simpson (whom I like, and hope stays), that you hunt for flaws in JMike's game.

Yes - he RARELY turns the ball over. In his last 5 games, he has 3 total TO's. That's as the primary ball handler in almost 23 minutes per game.

Please check your facts. JMike FEWER TO's than Derek. JMike HIGHER FG% than Derek (both subpar). Yes, JMike was bad from the line this year. His stroke is good, so that will certainly improve. Derek averaged 0.3 more 3pt made per game. Not statistically significant.

Danny Breslaur said it best on twitter - Davis is our best on-ball defender since Marquis Webb. You are blind to all his obvious positives. This is like when you used to trash Mike Williams bc people criticized your favorite player Bishop Daniels.
You are looking for things too. Simpsons asst % was 50% higher than JD's. His TO% lower. His steal % was higher too. His offensive and defensive win shares were higher. The analytics say Simpson's game better, and that's after he went in the tank the last five games. They did seem to be going in opposite directions toward the end.

That said, we are talking about two kids who have played more than they should have at this level, and have three similar guards that can't shoot from the outside. That really needs to change.

Simpson better on ball defender than Davis.
Far quicker.
Danny B seems to forget another great defensive player that I had to defend and many like you were in denial with Jacob Young.
I defend those who don’t get a fair shake.
Heck even Corey was criticized and I came to his defense.
And please your check facts for assists to turnover ratio
And check assists per game.
SMH

Last edited:
Simpson better on ball defender than Davis.
Far quicker.
Danny B seems to forget another great defensive player that I had to defend and many like you were in denial with Jacob Young.
I defend those who don’t get a fair shake.
Heck even Corey was criticized and I came to his defense.
And please your check facts for assists to turnover ratio
And check assists per game.
SMH
First I've heard someone claim Simpson was quicker than Davis defensively. Plenty of arguments to be made both ways here between those two, but that's a new one.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT