ADVERTISEMENT

Food vouchers for early birds vs. Northwestern

Hopefully they don't just leave them on the 100 level seats again
Ha, they did a T-shirt giveaway at the Rutgers/Ohio St. wrestling match. It was, "while supplies last". I talked to one of the table women about what happened to the T-shirts, she laughed and told me supplies were 75 T-shirts for over 4,000 fans.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: newell138 and RW90
I think it's for the first 500 fans so don't count on getting it. I forget what it was, but a few years ago I really wanted the giveaway so I got to the RAC right when it opened. By then, I think all of the cheerleaders, employees, and maybe a few hundred students got the item and there were none left.

I kind of liked the free hot dog given out earlier in the season.

I think it's for the first 500 fans so don't count on getting it. I forget what it was, but a few years ago I really wanted the giveaway so I got to the RAC right when it opened. By then, I think all of the cheerleaders, employees, and maybe a few hundred students got the item and there were none left.
The ushers and workers get first dibs on these free giveaways. Believe me I know some. And if you ever get a chance to stay after the game the ushers get all the food leftover. Every game they are walking out arms full of pizza, hot dogs, Annie Pretzels bites, churros and popcorn. No wonder they are all overweight.

The ushers and workers get first dibs on these free giveaways. Believe me I know some. And if you ever get a chance to stay after the game the ushers get all the food leftover. Every game they are walking out arms full of pizza, hot dogs, Annie Pretzels bites, churros and popcorn. No wonder they are all overweight.
I would absolutely kill for a Rutgers wiener!

Smh..the workers going to scoop them up

Yikes wish RU would clarify

Probably the Pikiell bobblehead.

Beers?

Can't defend the pre game stuff but I think they are all volunteers so the post game leftover food is deserved.. as would be the extra lbs.

Reactions: goru7
Love this guy. You realize most D1 coaches would think this is beneath them. Most promo directors would be too intimidated to ask for this. He is a great guy on top of being a great coach. Nothing fake or pretentious about him. You can tell he really wants the win and wants to do what's best for the program.

Last edited:
Love this guy. You realize most D1 coaches would think this is beneath them. Most promo directors would be too intimidated to ask for this. He is a great guy on top of being a great coach. Nothing fake or pretentious about him. You can tell he really wants the win and wants to do what's best for the program.

A man of the people.

Is this confirmed to only be the first 500 fans?
I can't say for sure but I saw where students are being asked to come to the RAC two hours early to pick up their free ticket. Meanwhile, the RAC isn't open to the public until an hour before tipoff. My read on that is the kids will get all of the vouchers. People will come unfed hoping for a voucher. Then when they don't get one, they'll have to buy from the concession stand. RU concessions may actually profit off of this giveaway.

I can't say for sure but I saw where students are being asked to come to the RAC two hours early to pick up their free ticket. Meanwhile, the RAC isn't open to the public until an hour before tipoff. My read on that is the kids will get all of the vouchers. People will come unfed hoping for a voucher. Then when they don't get one, they'll have to buy from the concession stand. RU concessions may actually profit off of this giveaway.
It’s a ploy to bump popcorn sales !! The genius of pike and Hobbs.

Good. Free stuff should always go to students first IMO

Good. Free stuff should always go to students first IMO
Agreed - but if its only for the students, then say so. If you're expecting 500 students and only giving out 500 vouchers, and students have access to a voucher before everyone else, then it's not for everyone.

And would like for his team to warm up with, or at least come out for introductions to, a RAC with everybody in their seats.

I have no idea how student food vouchers or meal plans work but it would be great of they were good for food inside the Stadium and the RAC.
Let the kids eat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT