ADVERTISEMENT

For DATA and STATS people.. cbbanalytics.com

If I sing they’ll make me pay
(oops.. totally missed your joke based on my typo.. ncie!)

The amount of data analytics I have free access to is ridiculous... and I think I found a bug in one of their tooltips... am I wrong or does the dumbbell graph show that the team offensive rating is LOWER with Caleb in the game (which does not mean his being on-court is not an advantage despite the lower offensive rating.. we beat Purdue and Iowa this season who normally had ridiculous offensive ratings)

tooltip-text-issue-CBB-Analytics.jpg

I went back there today because I got an email... they said this...

This season, only two tiers on cbbanalytics.com have been available - the free tier (your account) and a paid tier that is primarily reserved for D-I coaching staffs. Free tier users have reached out about subscriptions, but we haven't had much to offer up to this point.

We have been working on a new tier built primarily for fans, basketball writers, and sports bettors to be able to access the site beyond what is free. For the next few weeks, we are making this new tier available at no charge for all free tier users to try out. A trial run of sorts before next season. If you visit our site, you'll notice that D-I stats are already available for all teams, players, games and conferences with your account.

Take a look, spread the word with your friends, share our stats and graphs on Twitter, tag us at https://twitter.com/CBBAnalytics. Use CBB to help with filling out your March Madness brackets. If you have any questions or run into any issues on the site, please feel free to reach out, I am happy to help and will respond as soon as I can.

Thanks again for creating a free tier account on our site sometime over the past 12 months, and I hope you enjoy using the site over the next few weeks.

BTW.. I originally found this while looking for shot charts.. scatter shots of where hits and misses happen for us... and for particular players.. still have not exactly found that.. but they do have percentages in the paint, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUsojo and BillyC80
Check this out...
Rutgers-Scarlet-Knights-Basketball-Team-Statistics-Shot-Charts-CBB-Analytics-1.png

The left chart shows shooting percentages from various zones. The right side shows shot distribution.. where he takes the most shots from.

Looks to me like we need to get the ball to Harper in two zones more often.. left corner and the 45 deg. area on the right side.

Reactions: RUsojo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT