ADVERTISEMENT

For those that missed

Seven Nation Army is unequivocally NOT a Penn State thing. That's wild to me that you're giving them credit for that. EVERYBODY plays it. Zombie Nation is much more their thing (are you confusing the two?), but even that isn't theirs to own... everybody plays that one as well.

PSU is living rent free in your brain.

Also, that stripe out photo is a fake mockup they released before their first stripe out in 2015. And a really quick google search uncovered that WVU did a stripe out in 2012. I'm sure dozens of other schools beat PSU to this concept too. To claim they own it is wild.

Again, PSU is living rent free in your brain.

I went to the psu stripe out game, bought tickets thru psu because RU wouldn't sell me a block of 25 tickets. I was sent an email so many times leading up to the game I almost wore blue because that was the section I was in. As much as I loathe psu, and I really loathe them, it was a very impressive strip out game.

not a fake mock up, photo taken by me

TB0xhiY.jpg

I have access to Google lol. I've seen the photos and know they do it well. The first one was against us. I just thought it was funny that you used a fake photo to show how well they do it.

No, PSU clearly is living rent free in your head. You take the fact that we play Seven Nation Army, scratch that, Zombie Nation, and execute a stripe out -- just like dozens of other schools do -- as riding PSU's coat tails and trying to copy them. That's because you're thinking about PSU wayyyyy too much. Nobody else is thinking that.
Lol I went to google and grabbed the first pic I saw, there's really not much of a difference other than more vibrant colors, but sure.

PSU (was) in our division, has the largest B1G presence other than RU in NJ, and is the team to beat to make a statement in the conference. There's a reason Leonte Carroo said that 2014 game was going to change RU athletics forever. Rutgers doing anything similar to PSU paints us as little brother and small time.

You don't have to agree, but that's what it is.

I don't see how that's them living rent free in my head lmao, that's me acknowledging reality and thinking doing anything similar to them makes us look small time. Mention the RU stripe out to a PSU fan and they'll laugh at you.

Lol I went to google and grabbed the first pic I saw, there's really not much of a difference other than more vibrant colors, but sure.

PSU (was) in our division, has the largest B1G presence other than RU in NJ, and is the team to beat to make a statement in the conference. There's a reason Leonte Carroo said that 2014 game was going to change RU athletics forever. Rutgers doing anything similar to PSU paints us as little brother and small time.

You don't have to agree, but that's what it is.

I don't see how that's them living rent free in my head lmao, that's me acknowledging reality and thinking doing anything similar to them makes us look small time. Mention the RU stripe out to a PSU fan and they'll laugh at you.
Yeah, you're just wrong. It is what it is.

Zombie Nation is such a PSU thing that you confused what song it was...

Also mention anything Rutgers to a PSU fan and they will laugh at you. That's how PSU fans are.

The Rutgers MBB stripeout looked great from what I could tell...

Is your argument that if PSU does anything Rutgers can't do it? Whiteout which 50+ schools do? Not allowed? Stripeout that tons of schools do? Nah. Play Zombie Nation, a certified sports-wide stadium anthem? Off limits. I think Penn State shoots off fireworks at their football stadium? Is Rutgers not allowed to do that?

Reactions: Scangg
Yeah, you're just wrong. It is what it is.

Zombie Nation is such a PSU thing that you confused what song it was...

Also mention anything Rutgers to a PSU fan and they will laugh at you. That's how PSU fans are.

The Rutgers MBB stripeout looked great from what I could tell...

Is your argument that if PSU does anything Rutgers can't do it? Whiteout which 50+ schools do? Not allowed? Stripeout that tons of schools do? Nah. Play Zombie Nation, a certified sports-wide stadium anthem? Off limits. I think Penn State shoots off fireworks at their football stadium? Is Rutgers not allowed to do that?
MSU tried to start using “Chop” and it didn’t matter because people in Michigan are oblivious to Rutgers/NJ.

If PSU tried to start using “Chop,” people in NJ and Pennsylvania would say wtf?

This is the point that you’re missing. You’re trying to act like because Oregon plays the song or does a white out that it’s no different than Rutgers doing it.

PSU is direct competition with RU in our region. Doing anything similar to them cheapens our brand.

Go play Sweet Caroline at Yankee Stadium, or Timmy Trumpets at Citizen Bank Park.

I never once said the stripeout didnt look good, in fact I said it was impressive.

MSU tried to start using “Chop” and it didn’t matter because people in Michigan are oblivious to Rutgers/NJ.

If PSU tried to start using “Chop,” people in NJ and Pennsylvania would say wtf?

This is the point that you’re missing. You’re trying to act like because Oregon plays the song or does a white out that it’s no different than Rutgers doing it.

PSU is direct competition with RU in our region. Doing anything similar to them cheapens our brand.

Go play Sweet Caroline at Yankee Stadium, or Timmy Trumpets at Citizen Bank Park.

I never once said the stripeout didnt look good, in fact I said it was impressive.
No no no. The argument you're missing is that nobody thinks those things are so intrinsically linked to PSU to the degree that you do. The Chop is intrinsically linked to Rutgers, so when MSU did it, it was odd.

Rutgers/Chop (a program mantra/mentality/rallying cry) does not equal Penn State's stripeout (a game experience initiative done by numerous schools and only done by them since 2015).

The point of differentiation is your belief as to how ingrained those things are as "PSU things." IMO, you're REALLY overstating that.

Hence why they live rent free in your brain.

Reactions: Scangg
No no no. The argument you're missing is that nobody thinks those things are so intrinsically linked to PSU to the degree that you do. The Chop is intrinsically linked to Rutgers, so when MSU did it, it was odd.

Rutgers/Chop (a program mantra/mentality/rallying cry) does not equal Penn State's stripeout (a game experience initiative done by numerous schools and only done by them since 2015).

The point of differentiation is your belief as to how ingrained those things are as "PSU things." IMO, you're REALLY overstating that.

Hence why they live rent free in your brain.
Bruh. Zombie nation and the stripe out is 110% a PSU thing.

You must not watch college football…

Wait, did we do that at a football game? I don't remember that.

That would be friggin' hilarious. Especially if they were hosting the Red Sox.
lol they did it a couple years ago, I’ve also heard it played vs Wisconsin basketball IIRC.

Sweet Caroline at Yankee Stadium would result in beers being thrown at the sound guy

Reactions: NWBoo
11284995.jpg

It's a PSU thing. Let them have it. Much like let them have 7 nation army and let wisconsin have jump around.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Stop trying to be like PSU, I have no interest in being anything like them.
Penn State stole it from Tennessee

Bruh. Zombie nation and the stripe out is 110% a PSU thing.

You must not watch college football…
Bruh. PSU lives rent free in your brain.

You couldn't even name the song lol. Your thoughts on this are invalid.

And their stripeout started in 2015. If you want to argue that a whiteout is their thing, that would be a fair argument. But not a stripeout. They weren't the first and don't have a monopoly on it, no matter how much your brain wants them to.

Bruh. PSU lives rent free in your brain.

You couldn't even name the song lol. Your thoughts on this are invalid.

And their stripeout started in 2015. If you want to argue that a whiteout is their thing, that would be a fair argument. But not a stripeout. They weren't the first and don't have a monopoly on it, no matter how much your brain wants them to.
In this region, they have a monopoly on both topics. Regardless of the name of the song.

Next.

Brand recognition relative to those things they do.

Remarkable, all I’m saying is for Rutgers to be different, and it stirs up a shit storm around here.
No 💩 storm by me. But for Pete's sake, calling it a monopoly is a bit dramatic.

Remarkable, all I’m saying is for Rutgers to be different, and it stirs up a shit storm around here.
...and we are different. We have the F*#k Penn State chant. Bet PSU won't copy that. Oh, and we have the deafening horn that goes off after every play.

No 💩 storm by me. But for Pete's sake, calling it a monopoly is a bit dramatic.
Come on, the dude is trying to live in world of extremes because he knows it’s a losing argument. Of course I’m going to lean into it.

It’s dumb to do the same things your neighboring rival does. Be RUTGERS, not PSUjr.

RU should be leaning extra hard into the Soprano’s theme song. That’s something unique to us that’s great. Build chants and dances around that.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
...and we are different. We have the F*#k Penn State chant. Bet PSU won't copy that. Oh, and we have the deafening horn that goes off after every play.
lol I was gonna say, we definitely don’t have an FPS chant thanks to the horn 😂

Reactions: LETSGORU91

No, you said Rutgers copied Penn state. Which is wrong.

Rent free, like I said. Stop obsessing over them.

No, you said Rutgers copied Penn state. Which is wrong.

Rent free, like I said. Stop obsessing over them.
They did lol. You don’t even watch college football so you had no clue that was a thing 😂

Or you’re just thinking it’s a coincidence Rutgers had its first stripe out in school history against Penn State? It was 100% intentional.

They did lol. You don’t even watch college football so you had no clue that was a thing 😂

Or you’re just thinking it’s a coincidence Rutgers had its first stripe out in school history against Penn State? It was 100% intentional.
Yeah, ummm, I literally work in college football lol. As in, I’m on the sideline every Saturday in the fall.

That’s partly why I know the difference between zombie nation and seven nation army. That’s also why I know that PSU was far from first to do a stripeout, and also why I know the difference between a real photo and a fake one.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Yeah, ummm, I literally work in college football lol. As in, I’m on the sideline every Saturday in the fall.

That’s partly why I know the difference between zombie nation and seven nation army. That’s also why I know that PSU was far from first to do a stripeout, and also why I know the difference between a real photo and a fake one.
Odd bump.

Guess it was a complete and utter coincidence the first RU stripe out was vs PSU.

My opinion is that whoever is making that decision in the AD should not be allowed to make such decisions. It’s small time and idiotic.

Rutgers can do other things to separate itself as University and fan base, they don’t need to mimic what everyone else is doing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT