ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Former RHoops G Jaden Jones has NBA workout with Charlotte Hornets

Interesting. Agree more people like NBA which is why I think it’s definitely strange that a growing sport like the NBA is continually trashed by people whenever they comment they like hockey better. You just rarely see NBA people saying positive things about the league and then trash Hockey.

So on one hand pro-hockey comments SEEM to more often drag NBA at the same time than vice versa, and these people do it while the NBA continues to thrive. Based on which sport is more popular you would think hockey would get more negative comments but it doesn’t. Kind of the point.

Just a strange phenomenon to see play out continually.
It is for sure but, again, I was a HUGE NBA from childhood until the mid-00's or so. Just don't like how the game is played anymore. Bores me to death, to be honest, lol!

Reactions: Scangg and RUNVA
It is for sure but, again, I was a HUGE NBA from childhood until the mid-00's or so. Just don't like how the game is played anymore. Bores me to death, to be honest, lol!
I suggest you watch the NBA playoffs. It more closely resembles the game you remember I think.

It is true that the NBA game has changed a lot over the last couple of decades. Faster, more guard/wing oriented, less physical, less post play. But has not the college game made the same transition?

The driver of the change, of course, is the three point shot. The shooters have just become too good! It has totally changed the percentages of the game, and the tactics of both offense and defense.

Playoffs have been boring considering how it isn’t very close in many games. But that’s not really a fault of “the way the game is played”, just kinda something that happens. NBA can’t just change a rule to make the games closer

Every time I tried to put an NBA playoff game on it's a blow out. I'll try to watch the finals

NHL playoffs has been unbelievable. It's just soooo much more entertaining

LGR!
You should stay with some of those "blowouts", they don't always end that way.

I suggest you watch the NBA playoffs. It more closely resembles the game you remember I think.

It is true that the NBA game has changed a lot over the last couple of decades. Faster, more guard/wing oriented, less physical, less post play. But has not the college game made the same transition?

The driver of the change, of course, is the three point shot. The shooters have just become too good! It has totally changed the percentages of the game, and the tactics of both offense and defense.
I was about to post exactly the same thing. I have lost most interest reg season but playoffs are completely different. Watching the Celtics play defense is quite a sight... Smart, Williams, and even old man Horford are putting on a clinic. You are seeing guys playing injured and there is a ton of heart. Not even comparable to reg season.

Yeah but like…NHL playoffs are on.

Reactions: Scangg
Jones getting drafted wouldn’t be a great look for us. I obviously don’t know all the inner details but him getting no playing time made no sense.
I asked coach pike something along these lines at the alumni event down in FL in April. and he said something to the effect of he wished he had more mins for him, respects the decision but obv felt he would have been better served with another year yada yada. Something was up because even if he goes in the late second round, it’s not a good look for us that he’s getting drafted and he couldn’t crack our rotation. I am still shocked though that a) he didn’t get mins this season b) he declared for the draft haha and c) we still discuss him on this board, including myself.

I asked coach pike something along these lines at the alumni event down in FL in April. and he said something to the effect of he wished he had more mins for him, respects the decision but obv felt he would have been better served with another year yada yada. Something was up because even if he goes in the late second round, it’s not a good look for us that he’s getting drafted and he couldn’t crack our rotation. I am still shocked though that a) he didn’t get mins this season b) he declared for the draft haha and c) we still discuss him on this board, including myself.
JONES IS NOT GETTING DRAFTED. (And yes, I am shouting.)

Consider this: 120 players were invited to the NBA and G-League combines. Roughly two-thirds to the NBA combine, the remainder to the G-League combine.

A total of 58 players will be drafted. Some will be overseas players who did not attend the combines. Others at the top of the draft did not attend because they didn't need to.

So of the 120 players at the combines, figure maybe 45 will get drafted. Maybe.

That being the case, what would you say are the draft chances of a domestic player who did not get a combine invite??? It may not be zero, but it rounds to zero.

Consider this: 120 players were invited to the NBA and G-League combines. Roughly two-thirds to the NBA combine, the remainder to the G-League combine.

A total of 58 players will be drafted. Some will be overseas players who did not attend the combines. Others at the top of the draft did not attend because they didn't need to.

That being the case, what would you say are the draft chances of a domestic player who did not get a combine invite??? It may not be zero, but it rounds to zero.
I don’t know that. FYI - I work in the sports space and have worked for the Knicks and Heat before, and in my current job, one of the things I do is help NBA teams with a tool to evaluate prospects across leagues from international ball to college (for example, the Magic currently use my company’s service). I’m with you on probability, and I also feel he is not seasoned enough game wise/body wise to be even entering & keeping his name in the draft haha. However, the fact that he is getting workouts to me says word is making way around because everyone in the league talks. A flyer at pick 56-60 is not crazy but I’m with you, prob unlikely.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
There is zero chance he gets drafted. Zero

I don’t know that. FYI - I work in the sports space and have worked for the Knicks and Heat before, and in my current job, one of the things I do is help NBA teams with a tool to evaluate prospects across leagues from international ball to college (for example, the Magic currently use my company’s service). I’m with you on probability, and I also feel he is not seasoned enough game wise/body wise to be even entering & keeping his name in the draft haha. However, the fact that he is getting workouts to me says word is making way around because everyone in the league talks. A flyer at pick 56-60 is not crazy but I’m with you, prob unlikely.
Caleb and Geo got work outs too. I’m not saying he can’t one day make it to the NBA but his chance of hearing his name at the draft rounds to zero.

Caleb and Geo got work outs too. I’m not saying he can’t one day make it to the NBA but his chance of hearing his name at the draft rounds to zero.
Yeah but that’s expected for two people on teams radars. Not for a guy who didn’t crack his college rotation to get three so far and a few more upcoming. I’m with you though he prob won’t.

Yeah but that’s expected for two people on teams radars. Not for a guy who didn’t crack his college rotation to get three so far and a few more upcoming. I’m with you though he prob won’t.
No it’s not. He has an agent who is connected. Teams are looking for players to fill their G league squads. He’s not getting work outs for draft consideration. There’s no chance at all. Even if he’s killing it in work outs nobody is wasting a pick on him.

Am I understanding correctly that he has switched agents already?

He was originally signed with Durrant Sports Management, but today there’s a post on Twitter that he’s now represented by Hunter Athlete Management.

Is this typical - or just another sign of someone who has a hard time staying in one place (eg his how many high schools in 3.5 years?)

Agree with you completely…plus no one is wasting a draft pick on a unproven guard with (IMO) a least a couple red flags.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT