ADVERTISEMENT

FoxSports Radio-New Jersey

I remember Sunny Side of the Street, when they played requested songs from high school kids after school. The DJ was as close as I can remember Dan Shales ?, or something like that, if my memory serves me right

This is a great day for New Jersey sports fans. Hopefully they increase their NJ sports time slots and concentrate on Rutgers, Devils, high school sports and it doesn’t just mimick the Philadelphia and New York City stations endless yapping about the Giants and Eagles in March and Phillies and Yankees in December.
I believe these are all nationally syndicated shows so no local sports talk.

It’s national stuff from 6am-6pm.

6-9am: “Two Pro’s and a Cup of Joe” formerly Clay Travis’s show until he moved on. It’s now Brady Quinn, Lavar Arrington, and Jonas Knox. It’s a pretty good listen. Brady Quinn is great.

9am-12pm: Dan Patrick

12pm-3pm: Colin Cowherd

3pm-6pm: Doug Gottlieb. He has given Schiano and Rutgers a couple quick shoutouts for their improvement this season. Schiano was supposed to be a guest on his show last month during B1G media days but that fell through. He says he is friends with Pat Hobbs so I think he’s a national radio guy that could give us some positive press.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Tuning to 93.5 this morning and I get NY Caribbean radio. Where is this station based out of?

For those in Warren, Sussex, Passaic, Bergen, Hunterdon, Hudson, Morris counties, are some of you able to listen ?

I drove from Summit to Old Bridge yesterday down the GSP. At no point did I remotely get 93.5 in at a level I would want to deal with the static to listen to it. Terrible signal.

Mullet, Can’t say about over by the Parkway, but the signal comes through loud and strong in Old Bridge over by Routes 9 and 18. While I wish Rutgers sports and this station had the 101.5 signal, this is a huuuge improvement from 1450 AM. There were nights after basketball games where I would start to lose the signal barely into Old Bridge on Route 18.No Big Ten school should have to put up with that. Was listening to 93.5 in Manchester yesterday and even here it came in fairly well.

Strange it broadcasts better further away in Ocean and Monmouth County vs. Union and Middlesex

Mullet, Can’t say about over by the Parkway, but the signal comes through loud and strong in Old Bridge over by Routes 9 and 18. While I wish Rutgers sports and this station had the 101.5 signal, this is a huuuge improvement from 1450 AM. There were nights after basketball games where I would start to lose the signal barely into Old Bridge on Route 18.No Big Ten school should have to put up with that. Was listening to 93.5 in Manchester yesterday and even here it came in fairly well.
Yeah, I forgot to try once I was on Route 9 in Old Bridge. But even like in North Edison, really not that far a backroad ride to New Brunswick I couldn't get anything. Kind of a bummer. Wish it was a better signal for sure.

That's why I use the iHeartRadio app
Yes, some folks here might need new wheels just to discover the wonders of Bluetooth in their car and an app on one’s phone connecting so they can listen to anything anywhere in the world. Some may even already be able to do it.

I'm really hoping the Big Ten Network has more programming on this new radio station
I would really like to see B1G or even PAC12 type shows, but I doubt it ever happens. This will be like ESPN radio in most minor markets. All national shows during the day and maybe some local programming at nights. It's cheaper that way to distribute.

It doesn't look like they're going to cover Devils hockey based on their website but it might behoove them if they did, WFAN ignores hockey, especially the Devils.
I completely agree! Hockey, college football, soccer and MMA could be Niche markets to want over serve especially when dealing with the Philadelphia, New Jersey and New York Market which spends way too much time on baseball.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT