ADVERTISEMENT

Fran McCaffery comments on officiating, offensive struggles following Rutgers loss

I thought he was way more reserved than I expected. That last call was obviously questionable but I’ll take it.
If that call went against us in Carver imagine the hell being raised in here

Not even close on that first sentence.
I was sure the refs were gonna call a foul on whoever was defending that last-
second shot by Iowa....as an even-up gift for the whining Iowa coach and...well.....it's Rutgers.

• Love
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Notice I he didn’t mention the Mulcahy alleges touch out of bounds getting overturns. On reaplay there’s no way there was clear evidence.
I thought it was Rutgers ball. You can see the Iowa arm come in and make contact. The ball changes direction. Then Paul clearly does not touch it as he reaches for it. Really bad call to overturn that.

The Joe T layup looked like it was on his finger tip but I didn't think it would be reversed

Neither call was likely indisputable enough to be overturned so call it a wash.

The Ron no And 1 was baddd

Reactions: RW90 and Kbee3
Was not a foul on Iowa at the end - c'mon, even if he bumped him slightly, that can't be called in a physical game with 2 seconds left. Thank you refs.
I won't debate if it was a foul or not, I did not see what I would call a foul, I think we got a bit lucky there

however
in my opinion, once again, a ref should call a game like he does not know how much time is left in the game....you see a foul, you call it, end of story.

if we have it any other way, it gives license to the defender to get more physical than normal, giving the advantage to the
defense.... there is no special provision built into basketball for no fouls to be called because of time remaining.

I won't debate if it was a foul or not, I did not see what I would call a foul, I think we got a bit lucky there

however
in my opinion, once again, a ref should call a game like he does not know how much time is left in the game....you see a foul, you call it, end of story.

if we have it any other way, it gives license to the defender to get more physical than normal, giving the advantage to the
defense.... there is no special provision built into basketball for no fouls to be called because of time remaining.
I like your pov but I am still not sure that's a foul in any situation.

Reactions: Scangg
Fran is usually a whiner in my book but had some respect for him as after the moment of silence for the young alumni that died last week he made a sign of the cross on his chest.

I still remember Bardo going nuts over some of the fouls Myles got. Don't want to hear Iowa complain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT