ADVERTISEMENT

Francesa Rant - Eve of Destruction - College Sports Are Over

Pitino mouthpiece.

Yawn.

GO RU
Yes, painfully clear that Pitino is desperate to attach the Big East outfits to whatever is coming next.
More likely is the SEC/Big Ten goes their own way. Do they bring ACC and B12 along? Maybe.

But I don't see anyone that matters saying, "Hold on - we can't do that! What about Providence and Gonzaga basketball?" or whatever other only hoops team that is only of interest to major TV networks for a few weeks in March.

It is true that college sports is a mess.

It is also true that hoops only conferences are on the fringe in this and threatened in any new arrangement. Don't care how good UConn or whoever is at round ball at the moment. They are likely to be left behind.

The big dogs are not going to leave money on the table for equity or history or tradition.

Does anyone know where the timestamp is where Mike mentions the Maryland running back? I listened from 14:30 until he talked about the Mets and don't hear anything about a Maryland running back. Thanks.

Cant be all old news because everything is up in the air. College sports got sucked down a storm drain and nobody know where things come out. A lot of people think college sports will be the same but with more money. Mike talks to coaches and they are saying they want out and many players wont even have to go to classes. Colleges have to buy players (not student athletes either).

LSU has a 625 million endowment and Harvard has 51 billion. Superficially speaking, Harvard could go out and buy a top team and players dont even need classes. NCAA is kaput and even March Madness and all that is on last legs because its an NCAA tournament where NCAA makes most of its money.

Obviously a lot of teams wont be able to play the money game and will be closer to DII/DIII than D1. A lot of teams will downgrade or vanish. Even low grade teams could get unions making demands that cant be met.

Academy ball looks like the last outpost for major student football. SA players are already employees (they all get military pay like the rest) and cant take NIL. Most Army recruits were never NIL prospects to begin. Alumni pay for coaches and all other things aside from infrastructure so they have the financial structure in place.

One outfit that could get dinged is NFL. It has a new pro league on the way. People say "semi-pro" but that wontr last long. Its all a dollar chase now

Hell Harvard could buy the Cowboys and just change the unis.

• Haha
Reactions: RUDave_01
It’s funny when people think university endowments can be used towards athletics…that kind of thinking is both 🤣 and. 😭

You must not be aware that at some universities head coaching positions or programs are benefitting from restricted gifts to endowments.

You forgetting he was the only one that stuck up for you us during the BIG Easy tournament fiasco
Eh. That’s one time. He crapped on us a bunch too. The guy along with Mad Dog was a trailblazer who paved the way for a whole industry, but he should’ve stayed retired as I said before.

Reactions: runner3283
Eh. That’s one time. He crapped on us a bunch too. The guy along with Mad Dog was a trailblazer who paved the way for a whole industry, but he should’ve stayed retired as I said before.
He did crap on us . But wasn’t it deserved ? We were a bad athletic program for a long time.

He did crap on us . But wasn’t it deserved ? We were a bad athletic program for a long time.
True but some of it was gratuitous. I am not in the mood to argue with you tonight. To sum up, yes, he stood up for us that time and did the show from the Louisville game in 06 at our stadium. But he was burned out and sucked during his final act. I am done now.

Reactions: Plum Street
True but some of it was gratuitous. I am not in the mood to argue with you tonight. To sum up, yes, he stood up for us that time and did the show from the Louisville game in 06 at our stadium. But he was burned out and sucked during his final act. I am done now.
The Michael Kay troll can't control himself. Needs to take a shot every chance at Mike. Sad.

Get lawst.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT