ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno State match

Leonard23

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
This is a tough dual that we may drop without Suriano, as they beat 2 ranked teams last season (#23 Utah Valley, who beat us, and #11 Wyoming), return 1 AA @ 197 and 5 NCAA qualifiers, and had the #19 ranked recruiting class. Wrestlestat has us losing 24-12:

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/66/rutgers/829/fresno-state

Can we pull out any upsets at 49, 57, and 84?

Roster: https://gobulldogs.com/roster.aspx?path=wrestling
Yes we can win the match, their returning AA won't be back until January as he is a good running back for their football team. For us to win our young guys will have to step up and wrestle well, which I think they will. Close match for sure.

Reactions: Leonard23
Hard for Wrestlestat to work when some wrestlers have never been on the mat in college.
Has Sammy Alvarez getting beat 15-0 at 133.
(Just saw 133 has a returning NCAA Qualifier)

If we win 141, the match is a tossup

I don't think RU can take any match this year for granted.

EDIT: Joe Colon and Jason Chamberlain for coaches....not to shabby for Fresno

Reactions: rubigtimenow
What about 285, #32 Colucci vs. #18 Nevills...

Last year Nevills beat Colucci 3-2 in TB-3 and this year it's a 11-2 MD?

Seems extreme lol

For matches like these why i get Flo instead of BTNplus. Plus the Southern Scuffle, Journeyman Tourneys and Navy Classic.

Reactions: R U Crazy
I am renewing flo 11/1.
I will be without it for 3 days....will try not to get the shakes!!!!

We'll probably lose this one by 10 points. We have to be realistic about how down this team will be this year

We'll probably lose this one by 10 points. We have to be realistic about how down this team will be this year

It's fine to be slightly pessimistic and realistic given all of the turnover/new blood at this point, but we also have no idea how a lot of these guys will perform. No one they are facing on Fresno is an superstar, they are all very solid but they are beatable.

Wrestleoff results show the lineup being different then wrestlestat.Hemauer was at 174 beat Kincaid 1-0.Hemauer was NQ at 184 last year.Could see Gaxiola at 149 to start the season his was at 157 last year

Wrestleoff results show the lineup being different then wrestlestat.Hemauer was at 174 beat Kincaid 1-0.Hemauer was NQ at 184 last year.Could see Gaxiola at 149 to start the season his was at 157 last year
Wrestlestat allows anyone to change starters.

Wrestlestat is great to look up previous results and stats. Information galore in super easy functional formatting. But For projections , predictions and rankings , it is pretty bad. Not sure why they keep the algorithm they do as it gets so much criticism you would think they would adjust.it. But during wrestling season I probably use it every day. I appreciate the effort they put into that database.

Last edited:
Wrestlestat is great to look up previous results and stats. Information galore in super easy functional formatting. But For projections , predictions and rankings , it is pretty bad. Not sure why they keep the algorithm they do as it gets so much criticism you would think they would adjust.it. But during wrestling season I probably use it every day. I appreciate the effort they put into that database.
Ummmm...
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/wrestlestats-preseason-rankings-2020.177939/

Fresno State wrestles Army, Navy and Wisconsin and are picked to lose all 3 by 9-15 points. We are picked to beat LIU 40-0

Fresno State wins 197
25-9
Interesting 285 match

Edit, not interesting...thought Neville was at 285

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT