ADVERTISEMENT

From Jerry C...on Eugene O

production from O in games this year will prove you right. lack thereof will prove kyk right. looking forward to watching and seeing who is right.

Your head is straight up your ass

Oh yea I forgot your dumbass comment that freshman can't improve and you generally know what you're gonna get in their first year. Hey guess what? Coaches are raving about him..guys that know 10000% more than you about basketball. You don't rave about bad players.

production from O in games this year will prove you right. lack thereof will prove kyk right. looking forward to watching and seeing who is right.
Again, if he doesn't score any points and simply locks down the man he's put on and rebounds, I'm more than happy with that production

Reactions: RUChoppin

I'd like to see some better rebounding out of EO before I need to see more scoring. Hoping he'll develop a little better body control to not draw fouls, and cut down on turnovers while maintaining the same number of assists.

There's more to a stat sheet than points (though more scoring would also be great). Dennis Rodman (6-7, 210) wasn't really known for his scoring - but he was a lock down defender and rebounder, and found ways to make his mark on games in other ways. If EO can become one of those "grit" guys who out-work and out-hustle people and play stingy defense, that'd be great.

I'd like to see some better rebounding out of EO before I need to see more scoring. Hoping he'll develop a little better body control to not draw fouls, and cut down on turnovers while maintaining the same number of assists.

There's more to a stat sheet than points (though more scoring would also be great). Dennis Rodman (6-7, 210) wasn't really known for his scoring - but he was a lock down defender and rebounder, and found ways to make his mark on games in other ways. If EO can become one of those "grit" guys who out-work and out-hustle people and play stingy defense, that'd be great.

This.

Although ... if he just finishes around the basket better (and/or improve FT shooting), as many 2nd and 3rd year players do so, he could easily more than double his scoring to 4-5 ppg. 5 ppg and 4-5 rpg would be really helpful, if coupled with improved and strong defense. Remember, barring injury, his primary minutes are primarily backing up Freeman (the unquestioned starter, and one of RU's 2 most important scorers), and competing with Mike Williams, Thiam and Baker at WF.

I suppose RU could have some line-ups that are smaller, and have Freeman and Omoruyi at PF and Center - but that seems unlikely barring injury and/or foul trouble.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Im not wrong haha i mean i havent seen him produce yet in his career. Could he have improved in the off-season? Sure. But Carinos article basically states what i was saying, he was awful last year. Pike is quote saying "hes more comfortable with the ball now" aka dude couldnt even dribble last year. Hes finishing around the room (he shot 35% from field last year and that was mostly shots with 5 feet of the basketball). He was abysmal last year and to say otherwise is insane

Very poor grammar usage in your posts Im should be I’m. Pike is quote should be Pike is quoted, hes used several times should be he’s. Don’t get me started on spelling errors. There must be at least 20 mistakes in your posts. Are you a true 8th grader?

Like I posted yesterday, I think Eugene will be fine. Kid just started playing basketball 4-5 years ago. Be patient.

This kid is a project. If he continues to improve the team gets better AND it helps recruiting because the staff can point to this kid as a glittering jewel of player development.

The speed of the game and the strength and talent of opponents were, quite possibly, a big shock to a kid who was able to make plays in Canada because of his size, athleticism and strength. Last season he learned that won't get him by at the D1 level, might have lost some confidence. He's added strength, committed to working h postrd and is showing improvement.
great post russ

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT