ADVERTISEMENT

FS1 not gonna have the game announcers there?

That has been FS1’s practice this year. Really bush league. For the UCLA vs Marquette game they were also remote and at times you could hear the producer giving instructions… embarrassingly bad production by FS1 this year

That pretty small time of Fox.
They can’t send a couple of local guys to announce like Ian Eagles son on PBP and Jim Spanarkel or Bill Raftery on color. ?

very small time and we won’t get the nuances or feel the true in-arena sound as well.

I’m still looking for tickets but demand is much higher than supply with Felt’s decision to keep the curtains up

Last edited:
They can’t send a couple of local guys to announce like Ian Eagles son on PBP and Jim Spanarkel or Bill Raftery on color. ?

very small time and we won’t get the nuances or feel the in-arena sound as well.

I’m still looking for tickets but demand is much higher than supply with Felt’s decision to keep the curtains up
You get the arena sound…

I like listening to 710 or 1450 because of the bias announcers on FS1, but I wish the radio was in sync with the game. That would be a home run.
"the bias??" So you're telling me that the FS1 guys, promoting the B1G, are going to be biased towards Essex County Community College tonight? Hmmmm......👍

Reactions: Scangg
"the bias??" So you're telling me that the FS1 guys, promoting the B1G, are going to be biased towards Essex County Community College tonight? Hmmmm......👍
FS1 is much more Big East leaning than the Big Ten, but you're right that Fox does have a deal with the B1G so they'll probably go down the middle

Reactions: RUfromNJ
BTN has actual announcers at every single game. They’re FOX too. How did fox manage to send people to the RU Purdue game and SHU got remote announcers?

Reactions: Local Shill
Fox has low production values both for college basketball and football. Has anyone noticed that for many of their college football games this year they could not get the audio right with the announcers'voices barely heard over the din of the crowd? Vast difference from the much superior ESPN productions. So this basketball cheap production on Fox is no surprise.
ESPN is much better, as is BTN.

Fox has low production values both for college basketball and football. Has anyone noticed that for many of their college football games this year they could not get the audio right with the announcers'voices barely heard over the din of the crowd? Vast difference from the much superior ESPN productions. So this basketball cheap production on Fox is no surprise.

Fox owns 51 percent of BTN

Reactions: catholicman
This was clearly produced as a low budget big east game. Not first class Big Ten game. Lavin in the studio

ESPN has been having remote announcers at many college basketball games this year, too. I'd be surprised if BTN hasn't also done this, since their production is done by Fox Sports.

In any case, it's terrible. So cheap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT