ADVERTISEMENT

Full RU football team quarantined

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say "some of you take this seriously" do you mean Gov. Murphy?

He is the one allowing Rutgers Football to gather and practice.
Do you not agree with Gov. Murphy and think he isn't taking this seriously?

He apparently said he doesn't currently envision taking any action at all regarding RU Football regardless of how the numbers trend.

If Gov. Murphy, who I assume consults with the necessary experts, says Rutgers football can go ahead, who am I to say they shouldn't?

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...l-rutgers-not-to-play-football-this-fall.html

But he said it was doubtful whether he’d give a Heisman stiff arm to Rutgers officials should New Jersey see a spike in a coronavirus cases and need to rollback its statewide reopening measures.
I don’t think Murphy the one that made the decision the team should be quarantined. Maybe it’s Schiano or another level of authority at the school. With all the lawsuits, someone decided it maybe safer for the school to react or maybe the season continues.

Reactions: NickRU714
And how do you know that no one on the RU football team is diabetic or has hypertension. So that is why you can't say they will easily recover. Chances are they don't have any of these conditions, but to continue to call it a flu is ignorant and naive.

Yeah Div 1 Athletes are suffering from hypertension. Of all the young adults that don't die from this disease you're gonna single out Imaginary RU Football players with hypertension? :Laughing

The thing thats scares me are the long term health implications of surviving CoVid. Many studies are suggesting long term neurological damage.

With all the unnecessary hype about this Chinese Flu I would love to see actual proof that a young person suffered any neuro damage directly caused by the disease. Not connected like the FLA motorcycle death attributed to WuFlu, an actual scientific cause and effect connection to the disease. I'll wait.

Reactions: RocktheRac
This is just fn dumb
If you actually believe this then it's time to turn off fox news and put a child lock on it

Sure dumbass I'll tune into CNN so I can get my panic revved up. BTW Fox ain't all that conservative any more. Try to keep up. You're gonna need a new NPC boogie man soon.

Last edited:
CDC says that about 130,000 deaths due to COVID 19 of which 3572 are under the age of 45. With means only .027% of deaths are people under 45.
According to the same CDC report over the same time period 4,051 people under the age of 45 have died of pnuamonia

As far as the way the country had handled it, doesn't anyone remember the predictions of 2,200,000 deaths in the U.S. This is a serious illness if you are elderly or have pre existing conditions. No doubt about that. But if you're young and healthy you should be able to handle it.

Again it's a serious illness and people especially in high risk demographics need to be careful but it's not the Black Death.

Your facts aren't contributing to the hysteria. You shall be mocked. LOL

With all the unnecessary hype about this Chinese Flu I would love to see actual proof that a young person suffered any neuro damage directly caused by the disease. Not connected like the FLA motorcycle death attributed to WuFlu, an actual scientific cause and effect connection to the disease. I'll wait.

Does it make you feel better to use those terms?

Seriously wtf is wrong with you?

How many of you "it's only the flu" people are willing to voluntarily get covid or offer up your children to get covid? Please step forward and volunteer you or your children for a vaccine challenge trial. These players are people's sons, brothers, cousins, friends... they don't exist merely for your entertainment. There have been many situations where athletes who checked out as healthy find out randomly that they have some serious medical condition, i.e. heart issues, neurological issues, etc. You just don't know.

Well that's just stupid - the flu sucks. You keep panicking though.

I think you mean either .027 or 2.7%.

There was one prediction of 2.2 million by a Brit who predicts huge numbers every time a disease comes around. He estimated that 81% of the population would get it if nobody did anything at all and if each person infected another 2.4 people. Models are always based on assumptions (such as how people will behave) and CDC models have been much more moderate, and accurate.

Have you not learned the lessons provided by "models" over the last 20 years? Where's the 10 foot sea level rise from the climate "models"? I'd put a little less confidence in models after all of the climate model predictions if I were you.

How many other such cases can you name?

You say "due to".. you don't know that.

Plenty of people have that condition without having had CoVid. ANY viral infection could cause it in some people... even the regular flu... SHOCKING! And maybe he had that and THEN caught CoVid. You don't know that either.
A woman I was debating sent me an article to back up her claim that kids shouldn't go back to elementary school because covid was causing lung scaring...failing to note (from that very same article) that it was "estimated" to be 20% of the ICU patients ( a fairly low number and almost non-existent risk to children) AND is the same thing that happens to some folks who get the flu and/or Pneumonia.

Folks just want to latch onto any sound bite they can to make a claim and not open their eyes wide enough to gather in all information for fear it make get in the way of the wiewpoint.

As I stated earlier for the “flu” crowd. Long term complications are dangerous. Redsox pitcher now has myocarditis as a complication. I know someone in their 40s who had covid and has lung scaring. Neurological damage also becoming more common. https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/arti...lated_to_covid_19_diagnosis/s1_13237_32458550

While most of our players should recover, there are a LOT of uncertainties regarding complications.
Wait why does Red Sox 27 year old star pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez now have a heart condition due to Covid if it's just the flu?
Just stop - you have no idea what you are talking about.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Heard a guy in AZ was shot by cops and on the border to survive. He caught Covid while in the hospital and is now listed as a covid death since he didn’t make it. He was in his 40’s which will alarm some but the real issue is he snapped and threatened the police with his gun first. it didn’t make the news.

Sucks. I wonder how many of the players that tested positive are asymptomatic? I would think most of them if they were doing football activities.
Good question. I tested positive for antibodies recently and have not been sick since last Sept/Oct with a bad upper respiratory infection. Did I have the virus then? Who knows?

Reactions: Postman_1
Here's a couple of examples I found in 5 secs
It's probably easer to find than you think if u gave it a shot.
Admit it.. you were slinging BS and got caught.
A woman I was debating sent me an article to back up her claim that kids shouldn't go back to elementary school because covid was causing lung scaring...failing to note (from that very same article) that it was "estimated" to be 20% of the ICU patients ( a fairly low number and almost non-existent risk to children) AND is the same thing that happens to some folks who get the flu and/or Pneumonia.

Folks just want to latch onto any sound bite they can to make a claim and not open their eyes wide enough to gather in all information for fear it make get in the way of the wiewpoint.
People-dont-want-to-hear-your-opinion-meme.jpg

Good question. I tested positive for antibodies recently and have not been sick since last Sept/Oct with a bad upper respiratory infection. Did I have the virus then? Who knows?
No. You did not. You had the flu... unless you have been spending time in Wuhan. Also.. the antibodies test has a lot of false positives.

A bunch of my family had the same thing over New Years.. it was nasty. None of us have tested positive for CoVid antibodies. What does that mean? nothing... other than we have not had CoVid.. yet.

Reactions: Plum Street
Well, I've wasted several minutes of my time reading through this entire thread and my overall opinion is unchanged.

Some of you people are seriously just too f*cking stupid to live.

Please go out, infect yourselves, die and let us fondly remember your sacrifice. Just don't forget to tell somebody what you want on your brick.

We're in the middle of a pandemic....in the country that has handled it the worst by far.....setting records for cases and deaths on a daily basis.
And I see a thread about whether or not there's gonna be a Rutgers football season ? How long before some of you take this damn thing seriously ?
Fake news. Numerous counties have higher death rates per capita.

you have to wonder if this is a result of kids not following the rules or just unavoidable circumstances.
Based on kids of that age SM, it’s pretty obvious they aren’t taking it serious. They know they odds of them becoming ill to the point of losing their life is almost non existent.

Well, I've wasted several minutes of my time reading through this entire thread and my overall opinion is unchanged.

Please go out, infect yourselves, die and let us fondly remember your sacrifice. Just don't forget to tell somebody what you want on your brick.

You should be banned for posting this.

Heard a guy in AZ was shot by cops and on the border to survive. He caught Covid while in the hospital and is now listed as a covid death since he didn’t make it. He was in his 40’s which will alarm some but the real issue is he snapped and threatened the police with his gun first. it didn’t make the news.
If it didn't make the news how did you hear about it?

How did they get Covid if they are in the bubble? Someone is getting out of the bubble.

This * 1000

I just wish all these tough guys could go to some deserted island on their own. That would solve so many problems at one time.

And don't get mad at me for posting this because if it's such an innocent little thing then why are you stressed about people saying this?

You should be banned for posting this.

Why? So many people want to reject science and make a mockery of experts and someone should be banned for wishing that the implications of that would be isolated to those people making a mockery versus the entire population?

Unbelievable this logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT