ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones season premier tonight.

Ive never seen a second of Game of Thrones but now in the beer business I sell a ship load of a beer made by Omegang (Druvel Morgat). So all I's good.

If its not sports or the local news I've jumped out of TV shows. Hard to watch what is being made today. The Band of Brothers and the Soprano's was the last shows I watched regularly.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/8/29/6085231/watch-this-video-game-of-thrones-theme-song-b1g-michigan-is-joffrey

Never thought I would enjoy the whole dragon thing. Was on vacation last week and HBO was running it basically 24/7. I watched a few episodes after everyone went to bed and am intrigued. Now, I don't know if what I saw was in order but it seems really complicated. Seems like you need to keep track of way to many people and story lines. Am I wrong?

Originally posted by knightfan7:

Band of Brothers and Soprano's?

That kind of makes you the Ted Williams of TV watchers.

Think about it.Love Ted Williams as a fishing fan. Big fan of the upper Keys but you know as a Yankee fan Joe D rules. Anyway I watch real reality shows...sports.

Originally posted by vkj91:
Never thought I would enjoy the whole dragon thing. Was on vacation last week and HBO was running it basically 24/7. I watched a few episodes after everyone went to bed and am intrigued. Now, I don't know if what I saw was in order but it seems really complicated. Seems like you need to keep track of way to many people and story lines. Am I wrong?
Totally.

Read the books.

Originally posted by vkj91:
Your right, but it's a little better after the Red Wedding,lol.

There was a lot of back story but I expected that in the first episode.

Originally posted by ran12:
There was a lot of back story but I expected that in the first episode.
Except even more of the same in the 2nd and they play catch up to the rest of the characters.

Then madness for the rest of the season....

This is the only show on any network that I never miss. Yes, it's complicated and I spend much of my time pausing it so I can fill my wife in on what's happening. But the plot is totally worth it and the acting is outstanding.

It helps to read the books. It helps more to have a running tally of who is who, and where they are, handy, LOL.

If you haven't seen anything before this season, there is absolutely no way you will understand what's going on. Catching up is required.

I have to watch it on demand because when my girl talks over the show I can pause and go back. I tried watching it live but if you are with your girl she will ask you a million questions. And then you will both be lost because she will inevitably talk over the most crucial dialogue. Just a tip to watch it on demand for the good of your relationship.

Originally posted by StyleKnight:
I have to watch it on demand because when my girl talks over the show I can pause and go back. I tried watching it live but if you are with your girl she will ask you a million questions. And then you will both be lost because she will inevitably talk over the most crucial dialogue. Just a tip to watch it on demand for the good of your relationship.
This isn't a programming issue, it's a behavioral issue.

Have you tried punishing her for talking during the show?

Show will finally pass the books in parts this year. Damn you, Martin, you lazy ass genius.

As an OG book reader, don't how I feel about that. Can't see myself not watching though.

This will be a tough season for the book readers but even so, the show is a must watch. It's such a spectacle, if you let get of the anger caused by the deviation, you can still enjoy the show.

Originally posted by S.B. Crumb:
Show will finally pass the books in parts this year. Damn you, Martin, you lazy ass genius.

As an OG book reader, don't how I feel about that. Can't see myself not watching though.
Only some storylines are that advanced. The thing is they can go in so many different directions and extend out a TV season easily. Not every storyline has to advance at the same pace. They could do two seasons easily with material existing now. But I agree - 6 years in between books is too much. Martin is at risk of not completing this series at that pace.

The only story line that has reached the books so far has been Bran's... unless I am missing something.

Hopefully TWOW will be out this year before season 6 starts

Originally posted by Crazed_RU:
Originally posted by S.B. Crumb:

Only some storylines are that advanced. The thing is they can go in so many different directions and extend out a TV season easily. Not every storyline has to advance at the same pace. They could do two seasons easily with material existing now. But I agree - 6 years in between books is too much. Martin is at risk of not completing this series at that pace.
The between-book-lag has been an issue for fans since before the show was even conceived. Add that to some of the younger actors clearly outgrowing the story's pace and you got some real problems moving forward.

If not for possible recasting headaches (which, maybe would not be so horrible), a season or more of the Dunk and Egg novellas + other major back stories would be awesome. And it could give George a little more wiggle room.

But really, he just needs to get it done already. A true story needs a beginning, middle, and AN END. Otherwise, it will become the worst thing a saga can be - boring. It would be a shame to see another Wheel Of Time debacle - read the first few awesome books, gave up because of middling plot lines, series continues along until Jordan dies before completing his masterpiece.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT