ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: RU vs Mich. St, 2pm, RAC, BTN+, FloHoops, story, info:

Down to an 11 point lead with 3:19 left to play. Let's go ladies. Bring this win home.

Very sloppy 4th qtr. MSU going to the line after this time out, RU up 66-55. Lead was 19, soon to be 9.. 3:19 to go.

Ciani with her first points. RU up 12 with 24 seconds left.

Haven't seen all the games but of those I have this was the most complete effort by our gals. Excellent win. You go Ladies! Go RU!

Awesome job ladies ... 7-0!!!! ... maintaining that 2 game lead ... this may be the team that makes history!

Reactions: nj4shore
Great win because Rutgers remains undefeated at home and against B1G opponents.Carey scoring 30 points was outstanding because most of the points were with post moves and from the foul line.

Reactions: LtCol144
I'm back in the hotel following the game and am glad I made the trip. The women won impressively and were running on all cylinders. They played a complete game and won nearly every statistical category it seemed. Foul shooting was excellent - I think they made 11 before missing one.

This is the first time I've seen any of our players. CC stood out - her 12 assists displayed her uncanny ability to find an open player. Guirantes has unbelievable body control as she twisted around the MSU players to make one shot after another. And it took us awhile to realize what a scoring machine Carey was today since she scored most of her points while surrounded by the opponent's players that we could barely make out who was shooting.

Overall, a solid win, easily second in magnitude to the win at UMd.

The only disappointment in the game was the smallish crowd. 10 - 15 years ago, this game would have drawn 5 - 7000. What happened to the fan base? The AD needs to do more to get them back.

Brain, how many have made it to the RAC?

Sorry for not seeing this earlier.

2539 per ESPN, but it sure seemed like more than that to me.

Student section pretty sparse, but most of men’s team was there; 1st spotted them on the dance cam (although they were just chilling).

It was a great atmosphere and I really enjoyed it. Loved the band. Very loud, especially since they were playing right towards us.

The people in section 102 are so nice! Was very enjoyable meeting RUClassof67 and the awesome ladies sitting behind me in the 3rd row.

Will definitely have to catch more women games in the future!

They are a pleasure to watch!

Go RU!!

Sorry for not seeing this earlier.

2539 per ESPN, but it sure seemed like more than that to me.

Student section pretty sparse, but most of men’s team was there; 1st spotted them on the dance cam (although they were just chilling).

It was a great atmosphere and I really enjoyed it. Loved the band. Very loud, especially since they were playing right towards us.

The people in section 102 are so nice! Was very enjoyable meeting RUClassof67 and the awesome ladies sitting behind me in the 3rd row.

Will definitely have to catch more women games in the future!

They are a pleasure to watch!

Go RU!!
Brain, hopefully more can make it out to the game. I did watch (I live in SoCal) a few women's games on TV today and they made a big deal that Nebraska had around 4K at the game and Maryland had about the same or a little more. Even those two programs with their behemoth arenas can't get enough fans to see their games. That's a shame. If I still lived on the east coast I would definitely buy season tickets. This team's fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT