ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: RU vs NW, 3pm, BTN +

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
C'mon RU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, let's get the 20th season win ! Enter the Tourney on a winning note.

NW center has scored all their points on short layups. Need to defend her. Tied at 6, w RU turning the ball over too much, as usual.

8-6 on a Scaife layup off a NW turnover

RU within striking distance to NW after 1 ... 15-13 ... go Ladies and get that road win!!!!!!

Team struggles to score when Scaife goes to the bench for a break.

Down at the half 34-26. Getting crushed on the glass 24-13.

Need to turn it on in the 2nd half.

Okay ladies. Turn this around. You are the better team. I don't care how much bigger Northwestern's front court is. There is a reason why they only have 3 wins in the B1G. Don't allow them to have 4 wins. We need to at least end the B1G season at 8-8.

Half way through the 3rd quarter and we're down 14. Sheesh.

Sorry, but it now looks as if our women are quitting on Stringer. What a disappointment.

Okay ladies. Turn this around. You are the better team. I don't care how much bigger Northwestern's front court is. There is a reason why they only have 3 wins in the B1G. Don't allow them to have 4 wins. We need to at least end the B1G season at 8-8.
But why isn’t our best big, Harris, in the game? She’s only played 7 minutes.

Very disappointing and looks like this team will be WNIT bound.
Hate to say it, but I hope Vivian gets her 1000 in that tourney and Hobbs lets her know another late season collapse next year , like this one, and she needs to think about retiring because he'll be looking for her replacement..
Since RU best Penn St on Jan 6th this team lost 8 of the next 11 games and lose to Northwestern it will be 9 out of 12.
That's totally unacceptable , but Stringer has earned the right to prove next season she can make RU WBB a tourney team and not collapse at the end again.

I'm totally disappointed how this season is ending .
This post might be a product of my frustration right now, but also might be showing a crack in the line-up of CVS supporters fighting the call for her to be replaced because of how this season seems to be ending.
I place no faith in a B1G tourney win because a decent team should have been able to beat Northwestern, even though they were playing a home game.:chairshot:

Reactions: Turtle31
This is not a very good team.
They had us fooled.
Look at the shooting percentage.
Look at the free throw percentage.
Even when Tyler was getting 20 points a game she was doing
it with too many attempts Point to someone else you can count on for point production.
I almost think Coach had too many players in the rotation this year,
as hard as that is to beleive for a Stringer team.
Where are the points coming from next year?

Reactions: shields
Okay. We just lost to a team that was going nowhere, but had more pride and poise than us. We definitely had something to play for and showed no pride or poise. What say you fans for this two loss debacle. Instead of finishing strong, we now just lost the NCAA tournament and the NIT may not be assured.

Reactions: RU old timer
Next season sans Tyler is gonna be brutal.
Trying to put it in a positive light, maybe that's what this team needs and will rely more on each other when pressured than hoping Scaife to save/win the game.

Just got back from the debacle at the RAC and now find out the womens team was equally pathetic against a bottom tier opponent.Rutgers basketball teams need a massive infusion of new talent/shooters for next season.

Another team wraps up B1G play, and another team with a losing conference record ... really wanted RU to finish 8-8 ... oh well, off to the tourney to try again for #20

Don't give up. The tournament is coming up. We still have a shot for an automatic bid don't we.

7-9 and a tie for 9/10/11th place, good thing RU beat MSU because they would be playing on that first day. This team has played frighteningly bad the 2nd half of the season but is hardly surprising.. Same no offense game isnt going to work in the 2010s. Game has changed, how many times do we have to say it but CVS is stuck in 1992. RU has been an also ran and afterthought in this league since it joined and the Big 10 teams with their ponytails shooting 3s have cleaned up playing RU.

besides Tyler does anyone have a role on the team, seems just like a bunch of no name players out there with little identity and purpose as a team. Next year is going to be more of the same minus Tyler so back to the basement we go.

this loss wasnt surprising at all, that they won all those games earlier in the year yeah now that was surprising

We were out rebounded 47-28, and NW got 24 free throws to our 7. You can’t win with stats like that. What a horrible meltdown for this team. I guess we all got our hopes too high early on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT