ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread : RU WBB vs Indiana, RAC, 7pm, BTN+, FloHoops:

Terrible calling by the officials. Yeaney was over Stasha's back and they call it on Stasha. Typical $hitty officiating.

Damn! Pathberg hits a 3 on a broken play. We're up only 1 with 1:37 to play.

CC with the 2 FT's! Up 5 now and Rutgers pulls it out after being down as much as 14 points early on. Way to go ladies. You're resilient. I love it!!!!!!

Reactions: rondi
Alone in first place for at least 1 more game! Awesome 2nd half, Ladies!!!!!!!!

We outplayed and out shot Indiana 45 to 31! It's a beautiful thing.

What a comeback, sparked by the 55 defense (full court), wow !

RU wins 69-64 !

DEFENSE !
Actually, it wasn't the 55 *. It was a fullcourt press but not the 55. Still, it gave Indiana fits and was the reason for our comeback. CC was the one! She scored 22 points and Guirantes presence in the second half really made the difference.

* (I just learned that C Viv did employ the 55. I couldn't watch the game and listened to it on audio and our regular commentators stated it wasn't the 55. I'm actually glad to learn it was, because at halftime, I had stated in one of my posts that I hoped she would employ the 55 to get back in the game. The commentators gave me the impression we were in a full court press but not the 55.)

Last edited:
27% shooting???? Really ladies? Abysmal. C. Viv needs to give them a tongue lashing at halftime. I also wonder why Guirantes was in her doghouse. She's one of our leading scorers. She needs to pick it up in the second half. Also, I wonder if C. Viv employs the 55 finally to get us back in this game. We are undefeated at home and we need to keep it that way. Also, we can't afford to lose this with Maryland and Iowa breathing down our necks. We need to keep winning. This game is freakin' important for so many reasons.

Lastly, we need to play tough D without fouling because Indiana is one of the best FT shooting teams in the country and I believe the best in the B1G. Go RU!
Everything you said, happened. Good work

Reactions: RU MAN
Actually, it wasn't the 55. It was a fullcourt press but not the 55. Still, it gave Indiana fits and was the reason for our comeback. CC was the one! She scored 22 points and Guirantes presence in the second half really made the difference.

If you listened to the post game interview on WCTC, Coach Domond said it WAS the 55 that we used to get back into the game, she also said that Arella sat most of the first half since she was being disciplined by CViv.

Yep. Bob is correct! I believe Coach said it was semi masked with some man to man coverage to throw them off. It worked!

Go RU!
Diane

If you listened to the post game interview on WCTC, Coach Domond said it WAS the 55 that we used to get back into the game, she also said that Arella sat most of the first half since she was being disciplined by CViv.
Thanks for this. I couldn't watch the game and I listened to the audio feed, and the regular commentators for our game said it wasn't. I'm actually glad to learn that C Viv employed the 55. That's great!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT