ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread : RU WBB vs Indiana, RAC, 7pm, BTN+, FloHoops:

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
Tonight at 7pm, the Big10 leading WBB team take on Indiana. RU is alone in first with an 8-1 (16-4 overall), and face another very tough conference opponent in WNIT defending champs Indiana (5-4, 16-5). The Fightn' Stringers have an RPI of 14, while Indiana's RPI is 34. Last season Indiana beat RU 64-58, and an area of concern is Indiana's foul shooting being #4 in the country, with RU averaging a lot of fouls w it's suffocating attacking defense, Indiana, like other opponents this season, can be a threat simply with it's foul shooting. I'm sure Coach Stringer will make this a topic in practice.

Tonight's game will be streamed on BTNplus and Flohoops.
Game can also be listened to here:
https://wctcam.com/

Full story , with notes and links :
https://scarletknights.com/news/201...lcomes-wnit-champion-indiana-on-thursday.aspx

Abro, that HOF speech is 7 years old, and the 1000 interview was posted on here as well.

Abro, that HOF speech is 7 years old, and the 1000 interview was posted on here as well.

I know , I love them so much, I decided to post them again as a prequel to tonight's game. I'm so glad you enjoyed them again. Hope some other fans who haven't had the opportunity to see them yet, give them a look.
I'll look for some more outstanding C Viv videos. I still think she is underappreciated by the RU sports community and NJ sports community.
I enjoy spreading the world of our great team and wonderful , Hall of Fame Coach !

Quick time out by Coach Stringer, as RU off to a cold start down 8-2, only 3 minutes gone.

At end of 1st period Indy leads 19-14. Mack picks up a tech for cursing at an Indy player after she scored. Bad form.

RU struggling big time, just cant score. Down 28-14 w 6min to go. No sign of Giurantes yet, not sure she is even there.

5 min to go in half, Ru losing 27-18. Still no sign of Giurantes. Is she out sick or injured?

She’s on the bench. Suited up, but doesn’t appear that she’ll be playing.

If she's okay to play, then C. Viv needs her in there. She's one of our leading scorers.

We can't hit the broad side of a barn. And yet right now we're only down 7. And now Guirantes is in. All right!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tararua
At the half, RU trails 33-24. Abysmal offense and shooting. Giurantes finally gets in w 2 min left in half. What's that about?
Indy a perfect 10-10 from the foul line. Ru can't make a layup.

27% shooting???? Really ladies? Abysmal. C. Viv needs to give them a tongue lashing at halftime. I also wonder why Guirantes was in her doghouse. She's one of our leading scorers. She needs to pick it up in the second half. Also, I wonder if C. Viv employs the 55 finally to get us back in this game. We are undefeated at home and we need to keep it that way. Also, we can't afford to lose this with Maryland and Iowa breathing down our necks. We need to keep winning. This game is freakin' important for so many reasons.

Lastly, we need to play tough D without fouling because Indiana is one of the best FT shooting teams in the country and I believe the best in the B1G. Go RU!

Reactions: ScarletDave
27% shooting???? Really ladies? Abysmal. C. Viv needs to give them a tongue lashing at halftime. I also wonder why Guirantes was in her doghouse. She's one of our leading scorers. She needs to pick it up in the second half. Also, I wonder if C. Viv employs the 55 finally to get us back in this game. We are undefeated at home and we need to keep it that way. Also, we can't afford to lose this with Maryland and Iowa breathing down our necks. We need to keep winning. This game is freakin' important for so many reasons.

Lastly, we need to play tough D without fouling because Indiana is one of the best FT shooting teams in the country and I believe the best in the B1G. Go RU!

Missing a ton of short shots underneath and layups and not getting many foul calls

Also the announcers on TV said that Coach Stringer mentioned that Arella would come off the bench to try to change up the offense a little bit as she was cold the last couple of games

In listening to the game, it appears we're missing a lot of chippies as you said. We need to get it inside, because Stasha right now is a non-factor.

In listening to the game, it appears we're missing a lot of chippies as you said. We need to get it inside, because Stasha right now is a non-factor.

You're right, our bigs underneath shooting like 10 percent, all short shots and put back attempts, few dropping. Cryor is our star w 15 points.

Reactions: RU MAN
BTW Yeany who shot the 3 just shoots 19% from out there.

Down 7 with 4:30 left in the 3rd. LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I don't understand why C Viv is not using the 55 with Indiana's freshmen.

DOWN ONE! End of the 4th. LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Screw these officials calling a tech. foul for celebration. A$$holes!

End of 3rd, The vaunted 55 defense, full court press, pulls within 1, 47-46. Someone for RU got called for a tech again, and Indy will go to the line when 4th qtr begins.

Bull$hit! Officials give Wise a 92% FT shooter the fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT