ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Iowa

Because Myles has 3 fouls and Cliff has 2 fouls, maybe to keep them out of foul trouble Pike has them go to a 2/3 zone. Not a matchup zone, but an actually 2/3 or 1-3-1 or a 3/2. I don't care. Do anything to protect Myles.

down 9 at half without our best player it could be much worse. I think people forget how important Myles is. It has become very clear over the last 4 games that he is our best player and without him we are a different team. He needs to snap out of it and get his head in the game.

Garza only 2-10 and we are losing by 9

Iowa and RU have the same amount of baskets...10

RU 7 turnovers to Iowa 3, and rebounds are 23-19 Iowa,

Iowa 10-12 at line, RU 4-5

we are just getting outplayed in all the key catagories, until the rebounding and turnover changes we will lose and lose by alot

we had a chance to cut it to 4, one stop, one basket and failed

Reactions: mildone
down 9 at half without our best player it could be much worse. I think people forget how important Myles is. It has become very clear over the last 4 games that he is our best player and without him we are a different team. He needs to snap out of it and get his head in the game.
Myles isn’t our best player until he proves he can stop fouling so much

I only want to see the ball on Geos hand with under 5secs left

I also want to see Geo take over on the second half. We can’t count of RHJ.

mathis and young should NOT be on the floor together.

The fouls on MJ were unfair (2 of them), but outside of that I have no major issue with the officiating tonight. We just aren't playing well. Being outrebounded 23-19, have 7 TOs to their 3 and are 1-11 from deep, while they're 4-9. And they have 6 more points at the line. Up 9 is not a surprise with that kind of play. Cliff and Duke are our 2nd and 3rd best scorers, which means nobody else is scoring, but it's at least nice to see them playing decently. They're not the issue: Tez and Young are 1-10 off the bench and our starters, other than Geo's 3-6, are 1-8.

The fouls on MJ were unfair (2 of them), but outside of that I have no major issue with the officiating tonight. We just aren't playing well. Being outrebounded 23-19, have 7 TOs to their 3 and are 1-11 from deep, while they're 4-9. And they have 6 more points at the line. Up 9 is not a surprise with that kind of play. Cliff and Duke are our 2nd and 3rd best scorers, which means nobody else is scoring, but it's at least nice to see them playing decently. They're not the issue: Tez and Young are 1-10 off the bench and our starters, other than Geo's 3-6, are 1-8.
Myles fouls have an outsized impact obviously

You mean it’s not JUST the refs. Not sure why you can’t admit it?
Absolutely! Not claiming the fix is in or anything like that. But bias is real and human. People see the same thing and interpret differently Based upon expectations.

Garza only 2-10 and we are losing by 9

Iowa and RU have the same amount of baskets...10

RU 7 turnovers to Iowa 3, and rebounds are 23-19 Iowa,

Iowa 10-12 at line, RU 4-5

we are just getting outplayed in all the key catagories, until the rebounding and turnover changes we will lose and lose by alot

we had a chance to cut it to 4, one stop, one basket and failed

could have cut it to 4 except the ref called a bs off the ball foul to put them on the line. Followed it up with a foul on Ron jumping straight up for a rebound. refs took air out of the game.

I don’t blame it all on the refs but if they won’t let us play we can’t win.

Ron was actually in good position. If anyone should have been called it should have been Murray who was over the back. Personally, that should have been a no call and play on.

If he was in good position he would have grabbed rebound instead of giving it to Iowa and committing cheap foul. Weak effort.

Young is not only my least favorite Rutgers player, but my least favorite college basketball player. Had a huge fight with his brother about JY’s turnovers. Such a huge issue. His brain moves a mile a minute. Someone needs to give him a chill pill.
You fought with his brother ?

Reactions: shields
could have cut it to 4 except the ref called a bs off the ball foul to put them on the line. Followed it up with a foul on Ron jumping straight up for a rebound. refs took air out of the game.

no...it was 6 and we gave up a wide open 3 to Wheezy, then we came down and ran 30 seconds off the clock and didnt hit the rim, then with 4 seconds JY turned it over again

Right on Myles. Last one may have even been a foul (personally don’t think so though). 2 or 3 of the late fouls they called were cheap. Should have been some flopping calls on Iowa. Ron needs to wake up already. Young shouldn’t be near the ball with under 4 minutes left in either half. Not much more to say beyond that.

What's interesting is in the NCAA tourney, the officials won't let Garza get away with that and treat the game like any other game regardless of who's playing.

Myles and Cliff's early fouls may not be the only reason for our deficit, but it certainly is a contributor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT