ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Iowa

Myles isn’t our best player until he proves he can stop fouling so much

ha good one. Do we beat Minnesota without Myles? Do we beat ohio state if Myles stays in the game? Do we beat illinois without Myles...

don’t be silly.

I only want to see the ball on Geos hand with under 5secs left

I also want to see Geo take over on the second half. We can’t count of RHJ.

mathis and young should NOT be on the floor together.

this...mathis and young should never be on the floor together, its a recipe for chaos and failure.

Geo needs to have the hot hand and will this team, he looked great on that drive...do that more and get hot with his patented step back. I dont want the offense to be JY and Mathis schoolyard ball

Reactions: RUChoppin
because I have seen enough mistakes in this game that have no connection to the refs or Myles being out
We have always known our best offense is when Myles is not on the bench. Our defense is at its best when Myles is able to get his blocks and steals. Not rocket science. Imagine taking Garza or Buchanan out if the game. Think Iowa looks as good......Highly Doubt it!

Myles and Cliff's early fouls may not be the only reason for our deficit, but it certainly is a contributor.

oh I can admit to that but while all that was going on we turned the ball over constantly as JY and MM were just playing brutally bad basketball...plus Harper pulls a no show...even with Myles out, Garza just 2-10 shooting

Reactions: RW90
Garza only 2-10 and we are losing by 9

Iowa and RU have the same amount of baskets...10

RU 7 turnovers to Iowa 3, and rebounds are 23-19 Iowa,

Iowa 10-12 at line, RU 4-5

we are just getting outplayed in all the key catagories, until the rebounding and turnover changes we will lose and lose by alot

we had a chance to cut it to 4, one stop, one basket and failed

The multiple fouls on Johnson contributed to at least two of these metrics. Rebounding, and free throws attempted.

Reactions: RuBird
Here's the scoop Iowa is playing perimeter defense....let's try this attacking the hoop when Garza steps up you kick it to cutting forward to the basket. We have too many guys that can only play 20ft and out. We need to be able to play 15ft and in and we can cannot do it. We move like shit w/o the ball.

Garza only 2-10 and we are losing by 9

Iowa and RU have the same amount of baskets...10

RU 7 turnovers to Iowa 3, and rebounds are 23-19 Iowa,

Iowa 10-12 at line, RU 4-5

we are just getting outplayed in all the key catagories, until the rebounding and turnover changes we will lose and lose by alot

we had a chance to cut it to 4, one stop, one basket and failed
This. We cannot control what the refs do. We can D up wieskamp and rebound better and stop turning the ball over and start hitting our open looks, etc.

Reactions: RU Mike73
We need to bring back the Harper fake screen/pop at the top of the arc. Feel like that was where he was most comfortable from three early in the year

We need a Weiskamp level shooter.
Multiple consistent 3 point shooters are needed .Rutgers has too many players that can have a great game and then disappear for the next couple games.Harper and Baker need to perform at a much higher level.

This. We cannot control what the refs do. We can D up wieskamp and rebound better and stop turning the ball over and start hitting our open looks, etc.

we certainly need to stop making mistakes, our last 2 possessions were are own fault..two chances to cut it to 6 or 7 and we didnt hit him

oh I can admit to that but while all that was going on we turned the ball over constantly as JY and MM were just playing brutally bad basketball...plus Harper pulls a no show...even with Myles out, Garza just 2-10 shooting

he had a quiet 1st half at the RAC too and then dominated the 2nd. My fear is he goes off the rest of this game

Why didn’t Garza get called for breaking PM’s nose? He should have 2 and a flop warning
Because a foul had already been called earlier than that contact and the contact with Garza was clearly unintentional, so couldn’t call a technical.

Imagine if Myles got the freedom that Garza gets to push people around. He touches people lightly and gets called for a foul. He should have 1 foul.
Myles gets called too much and Garza gets called too little. Still needs to play more under control when he’s in danger.

ha good one. Do we beat Minnesota without Myles? Do we beat ohio state if Myles stays in the game? Do we beat illinois without Myles...

don’t be silly.
Could say the same thing about a lot of our players in a lot of our games

Going to zone trying to protect Myles.

We need shooters. Pike needs to recruit them. It's that simple.

Reactions: RUJMM78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT