ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Iowa

Hard to criticize Caleb since he has been all over the place but it would be great if he could make a shot at some point

He shouldn't shoot. He can't shoot. It's not his role. He needs to move it on, occupy the right spaces, crash boards. Unfortunately, we don't have any shooters.

Reactions: RU Mike73
he’s been the worst offensive player on the team all year other than last game
I don't know about the worst, considering we have a lot of players playing like he is. Can anyone say Ron?

They have a very high IQ. They all understand spacing very well, movement, and know how and when to feed the post.

It's how they are able to consistently get uncontested open looks. Say what you want about their D, which they obviously don't even need tonight, but they are a well coached, smart, talented offensive team.
Iowa sometimes has 5 white guys on the court at same time . It is very rare

RHJ killing us.
Weirdest part is we seemingly don’t even try to get him that involved. Very few set plays any more for him. Almost as if we’ve given up on him being the “lead dog” — strange to me tho given the potential we as a team showed when he was cooking

I know confidence and rhythm play a part in it, but how is this the same offense from earlier this season? How do we go from red hot to ice cold?

I’d be happy with 1 pure shooter. Iowa seems to have them at all 5 spots. Really frustrating team to play

Weirdest part is we seemingly don’t even try to get him that involved. Very few set plays any more for him. Almost as if we’ve given up on him being the “lead dog” — strange to me tho given the potential we as a team showed when he was cooking
Set plays he asks?

We are down double digits and McConnell can't score. How can he still be in the game?!?!

They can shoot. We can't. Basketball is an offensive game. The defensive mentality is great, but you have to be able to score. We simply can't do it with any consistency.

Pike, find out who Iowa is recruiting and get a couple of those guys. They are sorely needed.
Spot on comment.Defense keeps teams in games but offense is what wins games.Recruiting shooters should always be the top priority.

Mathis how many times do we have to see this? It's like a horror show at this point Mathis. PASS THE BALL.

Reactions: RUonBrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT