ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Maryland

Stop with this. We are running an offense. It's called a weave or motion offense with the big man screen up top. Many schools use this offense and it works just fine. We just can't shoot right now and it looks like a cluster fvck out there.
Theres running a motion offense and then theres running motion with the sole intent being to take time off the shot clock. We do the latter.

Losing is one thing. Losing like this with every thing that’s at stake after all of these years is just too much to take.

I kept waiting for us to break out of whatever funk we were in. Now I’m convinced we’re just not good. I really don’t know if we’ll win another game.

Has there been an NCAA team collapse like Rutgers has after the first 10 games of a season ?

Why do JY and Mathis have to always come in together? I'd rather only have one of those guys on the floor at the same time, as the other guards are bigger and we don't have as much of a height disadvantage and JY/MM aren't particularly complementary with each other, but are moreso with the other guards, IMO.

Reactions: B0ski
Get the ball in the paint. Often and only.

We should focus on this but we don’t or can’t for whatever reason. But “only” is not going to work. If we get wide open catch and shoot threes like the one Mathis just missed by 700 miles we have to take them.

If we are really so bad that we can only hit 20% of them I honestly don’t think there is any strategy that can save us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT