ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Maryland

Let's see if the reporters press Pikiell at the press conference on an experienced team regressing as the season moves on. Pikiell hasn't had to deal with those tough questions before. Would be a different story if this game was competitive. But its not.
100% relevant
It’s the bench Mark of good coaching and good teams.
You get better

I’d just go Jacob clear out or high pick and rope at this point . Would anyone be disappointed if Tez actually transfers this time ?

Rutgers1010, did you coach Mathis? He can't do anything wrong to you. Team has been pathetic for sure.

Tbh, even though Tez is shooting badly, I'd rather give Ron's minutes to him right now. At least he adds more athleticism than Ron and Paul.

Same substitution patterns....flow of game does not matter.
This. Its so weird his inability to adjust mid game. Its also weird that he is dead set that the starters MUST start the 2nd half too regardless of what happens in the first half

Reactions: ClassOf02
No offense plays to make the game easier for the players it’s just a bunch of dribbling and going no where ... get back to what they were doing earlier this year

Has Omoruyi blocked a shot this year?
I'm a little worried that he's not going to be as good as I thought he would be. I get he's still a freshman and had the injury and we didn't have the usual # of OOC games, but I would have thought we'd see more from a top 50 player. Big men do struggle early though, so I'll wait until next year to seriously worry.

Infuriated by players effort and coaching malfeasance today

After that last timeout(one before this one), all 5 players should have been benched to send a message!

Best of Luck,
Groz

I'm a little worried that he's not going to be as good as I thought he would be. I get he's still a freshman and had the injury and we didn't have the usual # of OOC games, but I would have thought we'd see more from a top 50 player. Big men do struggle early though, so I'll wait until next year to seriously worry.
He’s got nothing

This team needs to forget there is a 3 or line there is no one that can shoot. PM if he's going to drive the key how about you look shot first and attack the basket. He is never shoot 1st

But everyone else can throw up bricks and play 30+ lmao atleast he plays defensive
Jacob geo need more minutes together. If we roll jacob geo montez/caleb ron and myles to finish this game we win

even though Paul is turning it over a ton he can play with Geo and young as well though I don’t prefer it. Got the core 4 we need to ride it

I am tired of watching this team play. This core group has been together for 2 plus years and still show no cohesiveness on offense. Don't hold your breath waiting for Pike to hold them accountable. If he did he would have cleared the bench by now for a few minutes.

Reactions: bac2therac
This. Its so weird his inability to adjust mid game. Its also weird that he is dead set that the starters MUST start the 2nd half too regardless of what happens in the first half
At some point if guys aren’t producing game after game or during a game you have to shorten the rotation . We don’t play again until Wednesday , all these guys can play a full 40 maybe minus Myles

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT