ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Maryland

The four minute sequence from seven minutes to go to three minutes to go was just so horrendous. Those two turnovers were inexcusable and came because they were nonchalant. Then followed by multiple chances for Maryland on the offensive end. I could understand not showing well, but Maryland has been smarter and has played harder since RU made its move.

Ron Harper .... has to be something wrong and it may be other than just a physical issue...looking as though he could be looking to move on.

Our shooting is so damn bad because we’re passing up the open shots earlier in the shot clock every other team takes (and makes) because Pike is in the team’s head about slowing the offense down. So we end up with lower percentage look late in the shot clock instead. And miss most of them.

Reactions: RUBlackout
We beat this team 74-60 on the road

Ron lived up to the hype that game. He has taken the rest of the season off apparently. The toughness is gone from this team. Geo doesn’t care and Ron playing like he’s afraid to shoot.

Ron Harper .... has to be something wrong and it may be other than just a physical issue...looking as though he could be looking to move on.

Maybe he’s sad because he missed his last 728 shots and we are going to lose.

@RUsojo should be banned from ever posting again. Mathis has regressed more than any player I ever remember. Does he ever pass

Mathis is 2 of 9 6 pts
McConnell 0 of 5

We are getting more offense from Mathis and good D.

We went from down 14 to 6 when Mathis was playing in 2H

There is no absolute solution but the fact that you guys are screaming about Mathis as Harper and McConnell haven’t actaully made a shot and Myles and paul have 3 turnovers a piece leading to a bunch of fast break Maryland points is very on brand.

gotta make do with what we have

Reactions: Rutgers1010
Do we look like we have a clue how to attack their 2-3 zone? Until we get some semblance of a half court offense this stench is going to continue.

we’ll bounce and this team will tease us again. They will still make the tournament.
It seems like they only care when they have too. Very immature team.

I expect a win over Indiana...not sure what comes after that but we will make the NCAA

However its very easy to see this is a one and done team

If this was a regular year and guys didn't have an option of returning, who do we have next year. clearly the freshman aren't even in games this year.

Reactions: bac2therac
Last post I’ll make today - we will lose this one. Pike needs to do some serious soul searching abuse this game. It ain’t working, Steve. You’re going to have to shake things up again if you think we are a tourney team. And after the season you need to reflect about the offense and how you will fix it. Too much talent on this team to play the way we are.

agreed..this is on pike just as much as the players

Reactions: biazza38
Stat of the game: Harper 0/4 FG. 0 points. RockF’N Bottom for this kid. And for the team. Look on the bright side, no one is nicer than Pike.

It’s time for pike to start Young again correct the mistake. 30+ for Young, let him play with Geo a bit and figure out your 3rd guard as the gme dictates

Huge offensive board from Mathis after young steal. Geo on D meh

That's the Geo I know terrible defense and NEVER preventing offensive player from getting ball uo

You are one of the worst posters on this board.
No I’m one of the honest ones . I’ve followed Rutgers as a diehard since 1967 so I’ve seen some questionable things and we are in the WTF mode . You have got to be an idiot to not see this team has not been good nor consistent. From 7-1 start to 12-9 . I called it to your attention we need at minimum 2+1 to get the invite. Perception will still matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT