ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Maryland

Mathis getting to the rim good things happen for our offense when he does

If I’m Pike I’m pressing all game and using 10 guys. Make it helter skelter. We have no chance playin straight up.

Baker misses another layup. My God, go to Europe I hear there's a big demand for that.

It’s time for pike to start Young again correct the mistake. 30+ for Young, let him play with Geo a bit and figure out your 3rd guard as the gme dictates
Agree. Stay withYoung turnovers and all. At least he plays with passion and is a warrior. Somebody you can root for. Too many softies on this team.

Nothing from Geo Ron and Myles . These 3 disappear for way too many games . Tough to win. Where is the upper classman leadership

Monte is a different player when he gets to play with geo and jy. Geo stretches the floor as teams respect his shot, jy breaks down the d and creates cutting lanes where montez excels. Hope to see these 3 play more together

Reactions: RUsojo
If I’m Pike I’m pressing all game and using 10 guys. Make it helter skelter. We have no chance playin straight up.

I don’t know why we didn’t press sooner in this game and more often in general. When WVU couldn’t shoot, that’s when press VA was born. We have a lot of good defenders. Caleb was born for the middle of the press with his arms. JY and Mathis would be very good press players.

Reactions: Caliknight
The last two minutes will be spent on the foul line for Maryland.They lead 60- 51 with two minutes remaining.

Lol garbage time

Man we were down the whole game wonder why weare trialing in garbage time to much with the current group of guys getting majority of minutes throughout the first 25/26 minutes ...

No I’m one of the honest ones . I’ve followed Rutgers as a diehard since 1967 so I’ve seen some questionable things and we are in the WTF mode . You have got to be an idiot to not see this team has not been good nor consistent. From 7-1 start to 12-9 . I called it to your attention we need at minimum 2+1 to get the invite. Perception will still matter.

You literally no idea what you’re talking about and are just making shit up

Reactions: Zak57
Monte is a different player when he gets to play with geo and jy. Geo stretches the floor as teams respect his shot, jy breaks down the d and creates cutting lanes where montez excels. Hope to see these 3 play more together

he’s only effective when he scores early. He’s a “me first” player who struggles when he’s not in the box score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT