ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. NJIT

Other than shooting, McConnell is doing the other things well tonight. Rebounding, playing good D, nice assist on the Jones three. Mulcahy is completely lost out there.
I agree but when Mulcahy who is more or less an old school point guard, plus Cliff who is great but not a threat outside the paint, you can’t have 3 guys who can’t shoot on the floor together

Pike is going to tear them a new one for their defense, at least the offense is looking better

Looks like Geo playing well? Pull up jumpers catch and shoot or getting to rim? Don’t have BTN plus

To be fair, although we are sucking ass, they are raining contested 3s. Even banked one.

Looks like Geo playing well? Pull up jumpers catch and shoot or getting to rim? Don’t have BTN plus
Little bit of everything. Hes playing very well, my only critic would just be hes dribbling too much at times and thats never good as he doesnt have a great handle

Reactions: RUsojo and MV9000
Can’t watch the game, like most. Can someone break down the first half to me.. is Cliff hurt? Why are we lossing .

3 garbage teams so far 3 garbage results. None of these teams should be within 25 points of us.

It’s very hard to reconcile what we’re seeing now with what we were hearing before the season. How the hell did we “handle” Nova and UCONN?
Unmatched expectations are a very bad thing. Admittedly got tricked by the comments myself.

Alot of people thought geo choked fumbling vs houston.
I don't think anyone has ever said this. I mean if anything Geo gets way too much credit as a player because he has performed better in big spots not the other way around.

I gotta say I am starting to get a little pissed that these guys are making me sweat every one of these games out on gamecast. Put one of these teams away ffs.

3 games vs 250ish ranked programs and third game we’re losing at half at home.

the team just doesn’t look like they have any flow. Doesn’t make sense becusse this teams strength was the seniority + cohesiveness

Alot of people thought geo choked fumbling vs houston. Its honestly just the fact that hes not that athletic and doesnt have a great handle. We need to come up with something else for last shot. Like try to run something.

with that said, geo overall had a very good first half
Best play we run is when Ron comes off the baseline and sets a fake ball screen ( ghost screen ) for Geo and slips out for 3. This way Geo can read the d . Oh and you need some off ball action so the d can’t just sit back in help and clog the lane

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Shot selections by Caleb, Mulcahy and Harper are maddening. Cliff non existent on first half. Too many shots by Caleb and Mulcahy. Team has low bb iq and appear selfish. Some guys just want their shots. Play Hyatt and Jones

Can’t watch the game, like most. Can someone break down the first half to me.. is Cliff hurt? Why are we lossing .
Cliff got hit in the nuts and still looked woozy when he came back in near the end of the half. NJIT is raining 3s and Mulcahy is a human turnover machine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT