ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Wisconsin

Not much Mathis so far

Two early fouls and Pike playing him a lot more without Young, and more in a Paul and McConnell pairing.

But no Tez made avoiding bad guard combos pretty easy so that’s a plus.

Really pal? I played and coached as well. I've been on this board for 20 years. Obviously you're new to this board, because if you knew ANYTHING about me, you wouldn't have made that snide comment about what I said regarding Geo's defense. I LOVE all these kids, but Geo's defense has always been suspect, and I think his ankle is not 100% yet, so he can't stay with his man.

So with that said, don't try to get into it with me, when you felt the need to start it on a false premise.
Psssh. You two are amateurs.

I invented basketball, played 30 years professionally, in college for 12 years, and coached 55 years.

Wondering when Pike and Veo himself are going to realize he’s not the same player ( yet) and they need to modify how he is used. That last play you g or McConnell should have. Fought the ball up and attacked the rim If it gets kicked out to geo on then shoot it

Page 1 of Pikes last seconds play call. Page 1 unfortunately only has 1 play 4 years running.

Really pal? I played and coached as well. I've been on this board for 20 years. Obviously you're new to this board, because if you knew ANYTHING about me, you wouldn't have made that snide comment about what I said regarding Geo's defense. I LOVE all these kids, but Geo's defense has always been suspect, and I think his ankle is not 100% yet, so he can't stay with his man.

So with that said, don't try to get into it with me, when you felt the need to start it on a false premise.
I only have 2 years, so congrats on your 20 year achievement. Pal.

Free throws and turnovers. The FTs just are what they are I think. But the TOs can be cleaned up. Cut those and we should be ok.

so the number 9 team in the usa is not really that good???
Frankly, they are your classic senior team that limits mistakes and ends up in the sweet sixteen. Are they top 9 most talented? Absolutely not. Can they beat anyone if they play well, sure can

As they say, the first five minutes are key. Wisconsin can't be happy with the score and they'll come out strong. Let's see if RU can stay even. And Caleb and Young need to get the major minutes in the backcourt this half.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Our half court offense still leaves a lot to be desired. We seem to do better in transition. How about a Harper post up to try to get him going?

Two of the bad turnovers were guys expecting Harper to continue into the paint from the wing. But in both cases he reversed himself as the pass went to where he should have been. Is he so in love with the three-ball that he refuses to get to that 10 to 12 foot in the paint spot?

As mentioned above you have to give Mulcahy's minutes to Caleb; Mulcahy is 0-3 3 turnovers and basically another one when he gave the pass under to Caleb in no man's land and burnt on defense a couple of times

He and Young are the scoring that fires up the boiler. Montez is another log.

I think it’s becoming clear Pike doesn’t know how to incorporate Tez offensively when it comes to guard combos. I think he has too much of the “well if Paul is in, or McConnell, I need some more defense let me put Tez in” mind set and he doesn’t give enough thought to offense impact because admittedly he doesn’t care about the offense as much.

Harper is forcing it. He is reading too much of his own press clippings. Teams adjusted on D and he hasn’t.

Just had this conversation with a friend. RHJ numbers last year in Big Ten play. Crazy inconsistent and not far off from this year.

Frankly, they are your classic senior team that limits mistakes and ends up in the sweet sixteen. Are they top 9 most talented? Absolutely not. Can they beat anyone if they play well, sure can
Darn, we started 2 seniors and 3 juniors. The young excuse doesn't exist anymore (not saying you said that at all)

Reactions: RW90
Just had this conversation with a friend. RHJ numbers last year in Big Ten play. Crazy inconsistent and
And sadly, that's what we're seeing now. He has disappeared ever since he had that ankle injury in practice. I'm hoping his poor shooting is because he's not 100%, but regardless, we need him now to step up.

All we need is Geo and Ron to be role players until they get in their groove. Play def. And make open shots. This team does not need heroes. Its been the problem in recent games.

Reactions: RU MAN
Mathis 0 pts, 2 reb 2PFs, 1 TO
Geo 4 pts, 2 reb 2PFs 2 TOs
Mulcahy 0 pts, 3 reb, 2 PFs 3 TOs
RHJ 2 pts , 3 reb, 1-5 FG

Rebounding is their only use right now
6 out of 8 TOs, 6 out of 7 fouls
We need a new 5th player, Jaden Jones anyone?

Reactions: RUonBrain

OKay, you're both Rutgers fans and have played and coached. Time to kiss and make up. Lets talk BBall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT