ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Wisconsin

I don’t know what game half of you are watching. I see no frustration or hand on the hip. Pesky defense is back as it hustle and rebounding. Bench is also shortened. Not class to our last few games.

Unbelievable we are down one. Totally outplayed.

defensively we are playing very well. They aren't getting great shots.

offensively we are still sloppy. Harper's lack of impact has been tough. Guy was scoring 25 /game and the few games has disappeared which I'm pretty sure is injury related but he's gotta get it going

Reactions: Scangg
Well we’re definitely the more talented team. Now go out, play like it, and get the effing W

Reactions: RUinOhio
Unreal. To be Down 1 after 8 turnovers and bricking FTs. If they keep rebounding and defending like they did the last 10 mins of the half, they’ll be in this. Need to get Ron and Geo going

Maybe you’re confusing me with someone who gives a sh*t what you think. I’m well over 60 and played/coached my whole life. The difference is that I don’t boo college kids. I try to be as positive as possible.

The way this board jumps ugly so early is nauseating, and people don’t even have the good sense to let the game play out. Down 4 with 23 mins left and this board would have you believe the game is over and we’re a JV team.
Really pal? I played and coached as well. I've been on this board for 20 years. Obviously you're new to this board, because if you knew ANYTHING about me, you wouldn't have made that snide comment about what I said regarding Geo's defense. I LOVE all these kids, but Geo's defense has always been suspect, and I think his ankle is not 100% yet, so he can't stay with his man.

So with that said, don't try to get into it with me, when you felt the need to start it on a false premise.

Its amazing Rutgers is only one point behind without Mathis,Baker and Harper having a offensive pulse.

am I the only one who thinks we have more talent across the board? they have no big men. Myles with ZERO fouls. Get him the damn ball!!!!

Reactions: RUsojo and Scangg
Wondering when Pike and Veo himself are going to realize he’s not the same player ( yet) and they need to modify how he is used. That last play you g or McConnell should have. Fought the ball up and attacked the rim If it gets kicked out to geo on then shoot it

Reactions: ScarletDave
Unreal. To be Down 1 after 8 turnovers and bricking FTs. If they keep rebounding and defending like they did the last 10 mins of the half, they’ll be in this. Need to get Ron and Geo going
But they have to keep playing aggressively especially on the boards at both ends.

Reactions: BOCA93
1 point game end of first half against #9. I’ll take it.

Way better intensity. Pike clearly worked on inside play and move,ent off the ball and we’ve backed their D off a bit. McConnel hits a couple long 3s, one a hair too late. But still a good shot.

And we didn’t come close to playing perfectly. Ther is more in the tank for us.

Best of all, the team survived a 13-0 run early in without getting down in themselves.

We really should win this game. They don't match up well vs us. We aren't shooting well and turning it over and its an even game

Reactions: RUsojo
Great close at the end. Geo will find that shot later on. He needs to see it fall to get his groove back.

I expect Wisconsin to play better in the second half. Can we raise our game? As other have noted, nothing from RH, GB or MM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT