ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Rutgers Men’s Basketball Heads to East Lansing to Take on Michigan State Thursday Night

He is in a tough spot as no one is really standing out and deserving of more shots. You just have to keep trying to get good shots and hope they start going in.
We started the game with Cliff dunking every possession. Why can't we just do that until they take it away? The only reason I can think of is Pike believes these kids will check out of playing good defense if they don't each get to throw up a brick every 5 minutes. There is zero reason for anyone but Spencer to be shooting threes - NONE.

We're slow to the shooter 100% of the time. We always do that, just other teams usually miss. Iowa killed us for it and MSU is too
Yep. I definitely think the RU defensive scheme is heavily reliant on teams missing from the outside. They cheat into the paint and passing lanes so much that they do surrender a lot of open looks.

Not gunna win any games shooting like this from 3. But once again, this team has to start learning how to play with momentum. Whether it be getting ranked and immediately losing or getting a 10 point lead and immediately giving up that lead…this team has to start figuring out how to play with confidence when things are going well and not shoot themselves in the foot. We lose games we should win because of it and make games that we win wayyyyy closer than they should be

I think it’s been pretty bad. O rebounding has kind of kept us in it, I think. I also really want to know why we haven’t played full court D. There must be a reason, just want to know what it is.
Could have tried it for a spark. Maybe Pike opted for conserving energy for offense, plus you need convert to set it.

Reactions: mildone
I think Izzo just gets in Pikes head. No he's not playing but another team and place he hadn't figured out. Why I hate we gave them MSg.

• Haha
Reactions: bethlehemfan
Well … great start but then the curse of being ranked kicked in … finish up injury free, get some rest, and still aim for a top 4 finish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT