ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Rutgers Men’s Basketball Heads to East Lansing to Take on Michigan State Thursday Night

no one leaves practice till they make 3 in a row from each corner each wing and top of the key

Well thanks to Caleb for hitting the one 3 that had nerve to drop, or this was a royal goose egg

This game was so doable for us. Cannot win with defense alone especially when it’s not our patented lock down defense.

Just not our night, I think. It happens. Still could make a run and make it close, but it's not feeling like that is going to happen, since we simply can't shoot tonight. 20-16 (9 more shots than MSU!) and 1-16 is putrid. And the two missed front ends hurt.

We had our chance there in the last 6 or so possessions. Got tons of defensive stops, but we a) turned it over 3 times, b) missed front end of 1&1, c) had Simpson jacking up a 3. Not utilizing Paul in the offense seems like a mistake.

We keep wasting possessions shooting threes (by players who just can't make them). Pike might be a really good coach, but I will never understand why he doesn't tell these kids to stop shooting them.
He is in a tough spot as no one is really standing out and deserving of more shots. You just have to keep trying to get good shots and hope they start going in.

I mean more than half the voters didn’t put us in so not sure what’s overreaction here…

I wouldn’t have ranked us and certainly won’t now.
Yep, out of the top 25 for sure. Have not been in the top 25 two weeks in a row for…whatever. This game is over.

At this point, give me the two wins at home and then we will get the Sparty rematch

If they were only three for 17, this would be a two point game. Amazing when you think about it.

I can’t wait for the recap thread exploring 78 different reasons why we lost a game by 7 when they shot 50% from 3 and we shot 5%

We lost because we did nothing

We were down 6 and didnt value the possession

Except for Cliff and Paul at times we played poor D and our offense trash

this is why we need 5* guys who can create their own shots at will.

our guys offense IQ is like 90 compared to defense IQ of 150

I mean more than half the voters didn’t put us in so not sure what’s overreaction here…

I wouldn’t have ranked us and certainly won’t now.
Oh I agree we’ll drop out of the rankings. But I don’t view this game as a huge indictment of us. Still view us as a back end top 25 team

Defense wasn't too bad. Our old road shooting woes resurfaced.
I think it’s been pretty bad. O rebounding has kind of kept us in it, I think. I also really want to know why we haven’t played full court D. There must be a reason, just want to know what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT