ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers versus Indiana

In all honestly that was so freaking impressive. Indiana was playing lights out majority of the half and we found a way to cut it to one possession.

Reduce the mental mishaps and it gets spicy!

I sometimes wish they had the "advantage" rule in hoops, like in soccer, on breakaways, when the D fouls a guy stopping an obvious scoring opportunity - rather than whistle the foul there, let them play on and get the basket or at least try. I know that's a little silly and would never be done in hoops, but I do like the concept, as we lost an easy basket there.
I mean they have a flagrant for that, but they don’t use it enough

Reactions: FastMJ and RU848789
Our defense got better late.

Closed half on 19-6 run

Helps to make shots

Players stepping up

pike switching lineups around might be keeping Indiana off guard

Considering it was overall subpar half for Rutgers on both ends, we have a teal shot here.
I honestly don't know know how these lineups are working for us. But they are.

The Jackson Davis, Thompson, Kopp, and Eyelash kid have to be the most mentally weak group of players I've seen the past three years.

• Love
Reactions: FastMJ
Paul needs to pull simpson aside and tell him if he shoots again hes gonna skull fvck him. That kid has never seen a shot he didnt like. Comes in cold off bench, touches the ball and immediately chucks

Yeah that wasnt a good one..hes not in game for that shot

poop GIF

Reactions: RU848789
under 10 at the half would be a win
3 will do, lol. What a great way to end the half. We're shooting great (13-27/6-11 from deep), but so are they (14-23/3-6). Sometimes teams just hit the open shots, although we could certainly be playing better on defense. But to come from down 14 to only down 3 tells you, again, what this team is made of. I never felt confident about winning this game, especially on the road and without Mag, now, but who's to say we can't win this? Improve the D a bit and keep playing well on O and we can do this.

And what about Oskar? Holy crap, 3 straight treys! And Hyatt with 2 straight and nice to see Cam finally hit a sweet 2 and then a trey. Just need Paul to get more involved in the scoring (and Caleb) and getting the ball to Cliff who has 8 and is playing well.

Two points from Paul and Caleb combined (the latter 1-7) and somehow still only down 3

You knew Indiana was going to come out with their hair on fire to start the game. They had this game circled on the calendar for a long time. We took their best punch, a flurry of threes by Oskar got us back in it and now its a war. You have to think if its close down the stretch Indiana is going to think oh no here we go again with these guys

Reactions: Scangg
Indiana had us on the ropes and a better team would have put us away. They have to be feeling terrible right now, we can take it to them in the 2nd half and pull this out.

Reactions: Scangg
I still think we need to be more careful with substitution patterns. Not sure our depth is good enough to sub 3 starters out at the same time.

Great job closing within 3. However, Paul Mulcahey WTF! 2 F’N shots! 0 FTs! , and ZERO POINTS! Can’t just no show. Can’t have it especially with no Mag. Come on Paul, get your shit together and be a player in the 2nd Half. The team needs you to be effective.

And what a comeback. Looked like iu was gonna pull away. Now the doubt is creeping into their heads, “are we really gonna lose to rutgers again”. I love it. Theyre a mentally weak bunch. Hope the crumble and cry
I was hopeful until I read this posts.

On the other hand kyk’s luck has to change sometime!

Best half by Indiana all year and we’re down 3. We’re winning this game. Bank it!
Like your optimism … coming back from 14 down on the road vs Indy … that would be impressive! RU is 6/11 on threes probably doesn’t carry over. Indy shooting 60% probably cools off. Also Paul is due for his magic act (0 points first half).

Indy couldn’t really stop Edey in the 2nd half. Think Cliff inside is RU’s best chance. Inside to Cliff and kick out to wide open threes.

Reactions: socaldave
12-20 team shooting if you take Caleb Out of the equation

JHS’ unnecessarily puts the ball behind his back before going up for a layup and everyone acts like it’s the greatest play they’ve ever seen.

Trace took only 5 shots..made them all. Expect him to take more maybe 10-12 this half.

Indiana got cute late. Rutgers turned them over. Mentally they are vulnerable

I think Jackson Davis is weak...his whole career he's been a first half stud against RU, second half meh...lets see it again.
And what a comeback. Looked like iu was gonna pull away. Now the doubt is creeping into their heads, “are we really gonna lose to rutgers again”. I love it. Theyre a mentally weak bunch. Hope the crumble and cry

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT