ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers versus Penn State

Anyone hear what was up with the handshake line? One of the reporters implied there was a scuffle (Pike brushed it off). I was at the psu game last year and a few of the cult fans were getting pretty aggressive, so I wouldn’t be surprised.

I am so disappointed in so many of our fans. I will not comment on those who RIPPED almost all of our players and our COACH for almost this entire thread. It was by far not a good first 25 minutes but many of you were totally relentless in your personal attacks. I have attended 21 practices already this season and will be at # 22 on Tuesday. I root for all of this kids and will never blast any of them with personal attacks. I love this entire team and the coaching staff and see how hard they work every day. They don't deserve to ever be ripped as athletes and students representing Rutgers. I know people get upset but personal outright attacks never need to be said about anyone like saying they should transfer and they are pathetic etc. It makes me sick to read this. I just hope some will learn from their criticism. I am so glad that Groz and Piscataway Mike and a few others kept believing but there were only a few that did. I coached high school kids for 40 years and I know personally how much vicious attacks on kids can hurt them. Please in the future just think before making any personal attacks on any student athletes. That is just my recommendation. Many of you that made those comments probably never even participated in sports on a high level but I guess it makes you feel better.

I'm not quite sure what Pike sees in Mulcahy, he does nothing with the ball, doesn't run the offense and doesn't take charge with the shot clock. Put Simpson in...
For sh*ts and giggles, I'm skimming this thread this morning. Holy moly Greg, what a great call this was by you!

Reactions: mugrat86
I am so disappointed in so many of our fans. I will not comment on those who RIPPED almost all of our players and our COACH for almost this entire thread. It was by far not a good first 25 minutes but many of you were totally relentless in your personal attacks. I have attended 21 practices already this season and will be at # 22 on Tuesday. I root for all of this kids and will never blast any of them with personal attacks. I love this entire team and the coaching staff and see how hard they work every day. They don't deserve to ever be ripped as athletes and students representing Rutgers. I know people get upset but personal outright attacks never need to be said about anyone like saying they should transfer and they are pathetic etc. It makes me sick to read this. I just hope some will learn from their criticism. I am so glad that Groz and Piscataway Mike and a few others kept believing but there were only a few that did. I coached high school kids for 40 years and I know personally how much vicious attacks on kids can hurt them. Please in the future just think before making any personal attacks on any student athletes. That is just my recommendation. Many of you that made those comments probably never even participated in sports on a high level but I guess it makes you feel better.
I thought we were dead in the water without a chance in hell of a miraculous comeback

I'm proud I stayed on the refs' b.s. even when we were getting routed in 1st half. Imagine if we ended-up losing by 1,2 or 3 pts despite R huge 2nd half comeback after getting hosed by refs again.

I get it that people get disgusted after watching parts of the first half, but people need to remember how hard this team plays. It’s not easy keeping up the defensive intensity they play with and having your legs to hit a jump shot when you need one. That is Caleb’s main issue. He has a very silky stroke, however he often misses short because of how tired his legs are.

I just don’t get how people can say their horrible comments are all good now that we won. If it were me who made them, I would be embarrassed to ever comment on this board again

Listen if we miss out on the ncaa i wont be sad in all honesty
How can you not be sad? Your entire life is lived on this board. Your headstone will read “posted over 300 thousand posts” if we didn’t make the tournament that’s just more time posting tweets on the CE board.

How can you not be sad? Your entire life is lived on this board. Your headstone will read “posted over 300 thousand posts” if we didn’t make the tournament that’s just more time posting tweets on the CE board.
Why are you such an a$$ hole?

If you don’t like what he says in the CE board…fine….address it there….not here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT