ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers versus Ohio State

Sorry they are not 17 points better on our home court

They come here losing 17 of 18 on road

Ru was competitive at their place

The regression of this team this year is alarming

Pike has alot to answer for
Their players are way better. Not even close.

If Pikiell can't win with the talent he has next year his seat should start getting warm even with that contract extension. The product on the court has just gotten more and more putrid as the season went on. Last year the excuse Mag. This season the excuse was Cam and Paul. What will next season's excuse be?
I love Pike, but yeah he HAS to win with those guys.

Had such high hopes for GG … other than the BU game, still waiting to see that pure shooter we heard about. Will we ever see 3/4/5 shots in a row by him?

Reactions: ldwnmas
Wouldn't feel too bad about this one as this OSU team - since they fired Holtmann - is the team NOBODY wants to play. They were the last team to beat Purdue and it was impressive. Would not be surprised to see them win the B1G Tournamnent

The regression of this program is clear since that play in game loss to ND in the tourney two years ago. Pikiell is not the answer. Thankful he got us to the tourney but he peaked two years ago.
I don't know about that. Let's see how next season goes before we run him out of town. I'm hoping this season was just a bad blip with a terrible-put-together team. The chemistry on this team is just horrible.

Reactions: KevH
How did RAC crowd react as Cliff walked off the CVS court for the last time?

The regression of this program is clear since that play in game loss to ND in the tourney two years ago. Pikiell is not the answer. Thankful he got us to the tourney but he peaked two years ago.
The answer to what?

Yes last season, and especially this season, have been disappointing, but he's a good coach, he's done very well here.

If they blow the whistle for an injury - player should have to leave the floor.

Otherwise players could fake injuries.

looks like the road ends Wednesday with no NIT. I have now accepted it.

I don't know about that. Let's see how next season goes before we run him out of town. I'm hoping this season was just a bad blip with a terrible-put-together team. The chemistry on this team is just horrible.
Look at the performance of the team as a trendline since that loss. It has been downward. Look at development of players like Omeruyi and Simpson. Incremental at best. Look at the roster - lots of dice rolled, most of which did not pan out. The Cam Spenser parents article is telling -- they all realized Pikiell is not going to help them get to the next level. That points to coaching. The fan base needs to understand what that means and that Pikiell may have peaked here. If you are Omeruyi or Mag's handler - you are looking to a program with Coaches that can get your potential out and get you to the NBA. Rutgers is not that place right now.

Man where were some of you guys in that other thread about Pike
That went 5 pages and basically me plus 2 others against Rutgers Nation regarding his coaching of last couple seasons.

Wish him success next year. No excuses. We'll see.
Time to move on to following Lax and Baseball for the spring. Season over. (Weeks ago).

26 percent from 2 and 18 from 3 isn’t a winning formula but not uncommon for this team

That last few games have been embarrassing. How could our shooting be this bad?

Really disappointed in the effort. The team defensive effort totally gave up in the second half.
Offense and especially shooting from all spots on the floor continues to be comically bad.

Reactions: ldwnmas
Wouldn't feel too bad about this one as this OSU team - since they fired Holtmann - is the team NOBODY wants to play. They were the last team to beat Purdue and it was impressive. Would not be surprised to see them win the B1G Tournamnent
You don’t feel bad about a mediocre team running us out of our own building in a game where we’re struggling to even score 50 points?

This was an utter fvcking embarrassment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT