ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Indiana

hard to complain when we are winning but we had a few chances to score even more.

hopefully we can make some halftime adjustments and play even better in the 2nd half.

Time to leave this thread. It's 17-3 at halftime, on the road, and we've got people complaining. We've given up one play all day. One. Please get some perspective.
If you go by our conference averages there is a strong change we've scored out last points of the game. That's why it's frustrating. Especially when we routinely go three and out after turnovers due to the most conservative center runs imaginable.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Winning 17-3 or not offense does not look good. Defense has been very good bedside Tre “I like it be burned” Avery.

Huge blunder to allow a 47 yard play on a 20 yard pass - what the hell was Avery doing on that play? If you're not going to stop the pass, at least make the tackle. If he makes that tackle, far harder to get into FG position.

Time to leave this thread. It's 17-3 at halftime, on the road, and we've got people complaining. We've given up one play all day. One. Please get some perspective.
We need this win badly and momentum has completely shifted IU’s way. We forced 4 TOs, but only have 17pts. And they play the second half with that frosh QB who looks like the real deal.

FEGCcSUWUAcUy8o

Whenever Rutgers gets a lead of 14 pts+, their play calling is just so generically conservative under Schiano, 1.0 or 2.0, to not to do something stupid but giving the opposing teams many opportunities to get back into the game. I wish Greg would continue to put the pedal down in the 2nd quarter and continue to extend the lead instead of shortening the game in the 2nd quarter.

Because it's 17 to 3 on 4 Indy turnovers and Rutgers couldn't keep them off the scoreboard from like 80 yards away with a minute left. And Rutgers offense couldn't even get a first down and or run clock from mid field.
Are we winning cause we're dominating them or because they are making the mistakes? Who's got momentum right now?
Yeah, seen it before bud and concerned.
I'll go too and try and watch This broadcast and we'll see what happens 2nd half. Hope we kick a$$.

Reactions: Rutgers25
Huge blunder to allow a 47 yard play on a 20 yard pass - what the hell was Avery doing on that play? If you're not going to stop the pass, at least make the tackle. If he makes that tackle, far harder to get into FG position.
I’m pretty sure it was Avery GS was specifically chewing out during the timeout afterwards.

Whenever Rutgers gets a lead of 14 pts+, their play calling is just so generically conservative under Schiano, 1.0 or 2.0, to not to do something stupid but giving the opposing teams many opportunities to get back into the game. I wish Greg would continue to put the pedal down in the 2nd quarter and continue to extend the lead instead of shortening the game in the 2nd quarter.
This is it exactly. Greg tries to run out the clock in the second quarter. Where is the killer instinct?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT