ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Michigan State at MSG

I was really excited to play a game on Fox. Then I heard these announcers
vomit GIF

Reactions: Pdabs
Anyone watching this game not familiar with Rutgers would say this team cannot shoot.

Mulcahy and McConnell with zero points. This would be a blowout if Michigan State wasn't shooting so poorly.

This game is painful to watch. Between the atrocious shooting, the refs and losing Mag. MSU doing a good SHU impression on D.

Reactions: RUChoppin
I thought pike should’ve called timeout a couple of times. One minute to go with ball and then to substitute with 19 seconds to go. Why are Miller and palmquist in at that point.

Reactions: tm_nj
Also we should be pounding the ball inside to Cliff playing against a smaller less experienced less athletic center.
Why dude does not move his feet to the basket
When he is at the basket he does not dunk the ball

I know it was blocked, but a good player doesn't let that layup get blocked from behind; either go up stronger or do a reverse layup to use the rim to protect the shot
Cam is learning that the good B1G team ain’t gonna let him score that. This is not Patriot League. Good play by Michigan St.

Reactions: Joey Bags
Michigan State is a bad matchup for Rutgers because of their tough defense and they have better ball handlers and scorers around the basket.Playing in front of a big crowd at MSG hasn't helped Rutgers because of the woeful offense.

Reactions: bac2therac and RU84
This ihas been an ugly mess up to now. McConnell and Mulcahy providing nothing on the offensive end. Doesn't Spencer have a left-hand? If he goes up with his left-hand on that layup no way it gets blocked.

Not funny and a bad take, as the refs are no issue in this game. It's 6-5 fouls and we have 7 FTs to their 4. Game is being called pretty well, with the obvious misses being about even as far as I can tell.
**** off.

Honestly this is a perfectly fine take. But make it after the game imo. Game thread is for vitriol and hatred only (of refs). Thank you for your cooperation.

Reactions: RUDead and Rokodesh
Rutgers is not winning this game. They are lucky they’re only down 6. I’m here in the arena. This will get ugly in the second half. This isn’t a “they can adjust at the half” game.

• Haha
Reactions: RU84 and Scangg
Some of you need to adjust your panties. Game not close to being over. We have not shot it well yet are ONLY down 6. Let’s see some Pike adjustments at the half. Gotta bELieve!

We need to start attacking the rim with the same intensity thet we play on offense… We are finessing too much. Just attack the paint and go to the rim hard. DUNK THE BALL LIKE AN ANIMAL!!

Last edited:
Michigan State is a bad matchup for Rutgers because of their tough defense and they have better ball handlers and scorers around the basket.Playing in front of a big crowd at MSG hasn't helped Rutgers because of the woeful offense.
Iowa is a bad matchup … MSU is a bad matchup … now I’ll hear Illinois is a bad matchup,

We will have that 0-3 run to be 15-10 because it’s never easy for MBB.

Reactions: bac2therac
Anyone watching this game not familiar with Rutgers would say this team cannot shoot.

Mulcahy and McConnell with zero points. This would be a blowout if Michigan State wasn't shooting so poorly.
Is that not what people familiar with Rutgers would also say lol? We have 1.5 good shooters.

My concern is not that we’re shooting 7-29, but the fact that we’re shooting 7-29 BECAUSE we can barely get an open look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT