ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Michigan State at MSG

This may go down to dumbest decisions in RU history… besides turning down Big Rast or hiring Littlepage… oh never mind

Reactions: bac2therac
We’re all in agreement that we’re losing our next three and making the Nebby game sorta a must win, right?

Need to get cliff going
Rutgers is not winning this game. They are lucky they’re only down 6. I’m here in the arena. This will get ugly in the second half. This isn’t a “they can adjust at the half” game.
We WILL shoot better in 2nd half & pull this out

Reactions: Scangg
Rutgers missing too many shots around the basket.Michigan State leads 25-19 half time.Mag the only player with a pulse on offense and he is hurt.
If you can force empty possessions by Rutgers and capitalize on just a few of your own, you win. It’s pretty simple. Izzo knows that. Big reason it will be tough for Rutgers to make it out of the first weekend of the tournament.

Reactions: bac2therac
On point the touchy fouls at the end vs RU after letting them play most of the first half.
It’s such crap too, because you knew it was going to happen. I didn’t see the “moving pick,” but the Hyatt one was a joke

**** off.

Honestly this is a perfectly fine take. But make it after the game imo. Game thread is for vitriol and hatred only (of refs). Thank you for your cooperation.
It was a d-bag post calling for refs to get stabbed. That's beyond vitriol. You're simply wrong on this. And the reffing has been mostly fine. They missed the goaltending on Paul's layup (but it was really close) and they missed Clilf's hard hack foul, but most of the rest has been fine.

Iowa is a bad matchup … MSU is a bad matchup … now I’ll hear Illinois is a bad matchup,

We will have that 0-3 run to be 15-10 because it’s never easy for MBB.
Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Michigan State is a bad matchup for Rutgers because of their tough defense and they have better ball handlers and scorers around the basket.Playing in front of a big crowd at MSG hasn't helped Rutgers because of the woeful offense.
Spot on. MSU plays lockdown D too. Difference is 4 star vs 3 star players on offense.

This may go down to dumbest decisions in RU history… besides turning down Big Rast or hiring Littlepage… oh never mind
It’s one game and it’s far from over. Even if we had literally just forfeited the game it would be far from the worst decision in Rutgers history lol

Our offense has been a dumpster fire. Our defense has been good. The Mag injury is potentially season-impacting, which is awful. The refs have been allowing a hack-a-thon nearly all game (for everyone - contact is seemingly all good on shots and screens), except for a couple of ticky-tack "even things out" fouls on Hyatt and Mulcahy.

I expect Pike to get the guys to regroup at half with a "no Mag" strategy. I also expect the refs to suddenly wake up in the second half and have MSU in the double bonus with 4 minutes left.

Some of you need to adjust your panties. Game not close to being over. We have not shot it well yet are ONLY down 6. Let’s see some Pike adjustments at the half. Gotta bELieve!
This. No reason we can't win this. It's anyone's game. We played horrible on offense and only down 6. Pike has made great halftime adjustments in the past.

Let's see what happens. Admitting defeat now is beyond pathetic

Michigan State is a bad matchup for Rutgers because of their tough defense and they have better ball handlers and scorers around the basket.Playing in front of a big crowd at MSG hasn't helped Rutgers because of the woeful offense.
F’k this bad matchup horse
Shite

It was a d-bag post calling for refs to get stabbed. That's beyond vitriol. You're simply wrong on this. And the reffing has been mostly fine. They missed the goaltending on Paul's layup (but it was really close) and they missed Clilf's hard hack foul, but most of the rest has been fine.
I said thank you for your cooperation but you aren’t cooperating.

And turnovers

Maybe 1 good pass so far.

Not repping Bayonne well this far
Izzo has the Perfect double team on Paul
Izzo respects Paul and he is not going to let Paul beat him.
Someone else needs to step up if Mag doesn’t come back it is going to be difficult

Regardless of who wins, this game is a good example why the B1G struggles in NCAA’s.

I believe Rutgers gets the ball to start the second half.
Time to play a great second half and win this game!

Last 2:32: two missed layups by Cam (yes, blocked, but shouldn't have been) and Cliff and another TO by Cam and they finish 6-0 to go up 25-19. Need to play better than that.

I thought pike should’ve called timeout a couple of times. One minute to go with ball and then to substitute with 19 seconds to go. Why are Miller and palmquist in at that point.
My bad if no TO left … thought we did looking at the graphic on TV.

Mulcahy has got to get more aggressive and shoot the ball.

If he isn't going to shoot he is not a threat.

Message to Paul, shoot the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT