ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Sacred Heart

Yes, and I’m not worried about Cliff at all. But PM is off his game at the moment. We need the PM we saw during the streak of beating ranked teams last season. Or at least something closer to that.

I’m seeing regression. Wonder if he’s feeling a little pressure from how well Spencer is playing at both ends of the court.
PM is not going to see gimmick defenses in the B1G. It will be more man-to-man as usual, where he can play his game.

Reactions: Scangg
I don't think Paul is looking to score rn; he's trying to get everybody involved and doing a very good job job - it will pay dividends throughout the season.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Yes, and I’m not worried about Cliff at all. But PM is off his game at the moment. We need the PM we saw during the streak of beating ranked teams last season. Or at least something closer to that.

I’m seeing regression. Wonder if he’s feeling a little pressure from how well Spencer is playing at both ends of the court.
I agree. Best case he’s banged up. But we need a better version of PM.

Have we answered the question “how are we going to replace Geo’s and Ron’s scoring “?
One has to be incredibly pleased with how we're playing and how Spencer and Hyatt, in particular, are playing/scoring (and Simpson, Mag, too), but Columbia and Sacred Heart are two of the worst programs in college hoops, so I think we all have to pump the breaks just a bit until we see this team play well against P6 competition. Doesn't mean I think we're going to suck, but we're going to struggle in some of those games.

Reiber with minimal playing time surprising - unless I just missed something (didn’t watch first half of game)

Great to see Simpson get into the offensive flow. It’s nice to have Cam and then a bunch of other scoring options. Hopefully tonight’s FT shooting is the way the season will go.

I’m a big PM fan. But he’s been kind of bad in the first two games. And the team D is a little different this season, creating fewer opportunities for PM to do his lane clogging thing on D. He’s working super hard, but not contributing as much as last season.
4pts, 5 ast, 4 rebs and 2 steals so far

Cam: 18/4/4/3/0 - adding the TO watch at end which is just as impressive as the rest

I haven't seen a Simpson drive like that since 1994
OGC.3cc7d5dfc58ce636f71971e823f5ab49

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT