ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers vs. Seton Hall in the GSH Classic

Pike’s teams are so f’ing predictable.
Just when you think they’re looking good, boom lose to Temple. Boom lose to Miami.
Great win against Indiana. Boom lose to Seton Hall.
And you guys want us to play one of those holiday tournaments?
At least it’s a guaranteed tourney … NCAA is tough to qualify for, and .2 games over 500 doesn’t make the NIT anymore.

Reactions: biazza38
What an embarrassing loss to this iteration of Seton Hall. I don't want Caleb touching the ball with the clock winding down. He barely hit the rim on an open 3. And Caleb is a 91% FT shooter this year, but in the biggest FT's of the game (Ohio State and Seton Hall) he chokes and misses the second FT. I also would like to know what the eff is with André not being able to score on a bunny when it matters! Give me Paul or even Cam at endgame. And where was Cliff tonight? Totally disappeared.

Sorry, but right now, this team doesn't hold a candle to RHJ and Geo. They thrive in endgame situations. They don't shrivel up like these kids.

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004
Just to make it totally clear - according to the TV, he was not out of bounds touching the ball. What a game!
that's not actually what he said.... he said "I don't think he was....."

I guess we can agree to disagree......

FjvfESvXoAAT1N2

Reactions: RUChoppin
No we didn’t stop that. No hustle. Paul making mag switch everything instead of just staying with his man. Cliff got dominated by a guy 6 inches shorter than him. All effort tonight. Seton hall had it we didn’t.
Don’t tell me to stop. Go f yourself. Yea we did we didn’t deserve to win. We still got screwed. Both can be true.

Not a good team
Good teams are consistent.
Egg against Miami.
Great games against OSU and IU
And now another egg.
We play slow plodding teams that live in the B1G pretty well. Quicker athletic teams expose us.

Can’t have a motion offense with no motion. High pick and roll sets only work if you actually pass the ball to the roller.
We’ve been doing that nonsensical high pick since Myles Johnson and all it ever accomplished was getting Johnson in immediate foul trouble.

I think the freeze frame may be deceptive. He's actually standing on his left foot and the right foot seems to be in the air sweeping across toward the sideline. I've watched the video many times in slow motion, and I don't think the foot in the photo actually touched the floor out of bounds. If you want to conclude that he was definitely out of bounds then do it based on watching the video in slow motion, and not based on looking at this freeze frame pic.

Reactions: biazza38
I actually didn't think shoe was all that quick as a team overall, but their guards were a tad quicker and more athletic than R's.
I thought their on the ball defense was superior to ours because of their quickness. They also got into the lane much more effectively and kicked back out for open looks very quickly. They covered the passing lanes much quicker than us too, which was a large part of our ridiculous number of turnovers.

Comparatively, Mulcahy and Cam, and even McConnell looked like they were stuck in sand and playing in slow motion.

Reactions: bac2therac
I thought their on the ball defense was superior to ours because of their quickness. They also got into the lane much more effectively and kicked back out for open looks very quickly. They covered the passing lanes much quicker than us too, which was a large part of our ridiculous number of turnovers.

Comparatively, Mulcahy and Cam, and even McConnell looked like they were stuck in sand and playing in slow motion.
I didn't think their D was superior to R's really, we held them to 45 pts. Shoe's guards were quicker for sure and the difference, by 2 points. Not Miami quick, but unless Simpson is playing well we are slow at guard.

I didn't think their D was superior to R's really, we held them to 45 pts. Shoe's guards were quicker for sure and the difference, by 2 points.
True the difference was only 2, but we were home also. I’m admittedly a half-empty kind of guy but I would have given us a 90% chance to win tonight based on talent and what I’ve seen of both teams. I still think of these two teams play 10 times, we win at least 7 or 8, but we lost tonight. We were outplayed, outquicked, outhustled, and outcoached, but I still think we have more talent…as we did vs. Temple, and Miami too. Something is just not right with this group.

True the difference was only 2, but we were home also. I’m admittedly a half-empty kind of guy but I would have given us a 90% chance to win tonight based on talent and what I’ve seen of both teams. I still think of these two teams play 10 times, we win at least 7 or 8, but we lost tonight. We were outplayed, outquicked, outhustled, and outcoached, but I still think we have more talent…as we did vs. Temple, and Miami too. Something is just not right with this group.
They were off tonight for sure, and I really wonder if it was the OSU hangover. I thought getting screwed like that would've made them hungrier this game...but they played almost like they expected to be owed a win and had their heads in the clouds most of the game.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Don’t tell me to stop. Go f yourself. Yea we did we didn’t deserve to win. We still got screwed. Both can be true.
Yo, calm down. Seriously. Let’s not play that sh*t on a message board when you don’t have a real pic up and I do. Ease up huh. It’s a basketball game

Reactions: bethlehemfan
ADVERTISEMENT