ADVERTISEMENT

Games of interest - catch up edition

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
Bringing everything up to date

Monday

Big Ten

#5 Maryland 65 Penn State 34 - Nittany Lions must just be wishing for the season to end

Other RU opponents

#2 South Carolina 71 #6 Tennessee 66 - probably wins SEC regular season title for Gamecocks
Bryant 64 Wagner 47 - 35-17 at the half

Other ranked teams

#1 Connecticut 94 Tulane 47 - the previously-rare double-up, two games in a row for the Huskies
#4 Notre Dame 68 #8 Louisville 52 - I'd be thinking about giving the Irish a #1 seed
Mississippi 67 #13 Kentucky 59 - Wildcats shot 32.3%
#18 Chattanooga 56 Mercer 51 - closer than I would have guessed

Also

Marist 56 Fairfield 50 - Red Foxes scored 10 in the 1st half; 46 in the 2nd

Tuesday

Big Ten

Nebraska 74 Minnesota 50 - Kelley with 17 and 13 for the Golden Gophers, to no avail
Michigan 81 Purdue 50 - speaking of teams that probably want the season to end . . .

Other RU opponents and other ranked teams

none

Also

South Florida 74 Cincinnati 44 - Bulls looking good for NCAAs
Iowa State 59 Texas Tech 47 - Cyclones now 8-8 in B12
TCU 73 West Virginia 63 - Horned Frogs now 8-8 in B12

And Oklahoma State (8-7) and Texas (7-8) play each other tomorrow, so there could be 4 8-8 teams in the B12.

Last two days:

Other RU opponents 0-2

Year to date:

Big Ten 115-40
Other RU opponents 124-143

There were no palindromic scores in 41 games yesterday and today. That makes 34 palindromic scores in 4,726 games this year.

well that Nebby win is huge because it pushes Minny down. Now if Nebby can hold serve against OSU and RU can win their two, RU cant get third

Originally posted by bac2therac:

well that Nebby win is huge because it pushes Minny down. Now if Nebby can hold serve against OSU and RU can win their two, RU cant get third
Minnesota isn't the problem since we hold the tie-breaker over them in a tie. Having them in a three way tie situation would help us because if that. But the OSU-Nebraska game is huge.

I wish Nebraska had saved about 20 of those "extra" points for use against OSU!

But RU has to take care of business against NW and that is the game that has had me worried for awhile now. Hopefully our shooters will be on target in ways that they weren't at MSU. That game must have been painful to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT