ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Top 64 in NET

BillyC80

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Out of curiosity, I checked and RU played 19 games (against 11 different teams) ranked in the top 64 NET. Our record in those games was 9-10 (which would have been 10-9 with the OSU game).

By comparison, Nevada played 8 games (against only 5 different teams) in the top 64 net, and their record was 4-4 (beating NM twice, Boise St and SDSU, once each).

Our best win was on the road at #5 Purdue.

Nevada’s best win was at home to #14 SDSU.

Just some food for thought.

• Angry
Reactions: DirtyRU
Out of curiosity, I checked and RU played 19 games (against 11 different teams) ranked in the top 64 NET. Our record in those games was 9-10 (which would have been 10-9 with the OSU game).

By comparison, Nevada played 8 games (against only 5 different teams) in the top 64 net, and their record was 4-4 (beating NM twice, Boise St and SDSU, once each).

Good points. But what you're missing Billy is that Purdue was #1 at the time, not #5. Nineteen games vs. eight? Hmmm.

Reactions: BillyC80
Good points. But what you're missing Billy is that Purdue was #1 at the time, not #5. Nineteen games vs. eight? Hmmm.
Yes, understood. I was purposely using the final NET ranking since that would have been used by the selection committee, and was more in line with the title and premise of my OP.

Reactions: RU MAN

But was our coach a colleague at Indiana with the chair of the committee?

Kind of a silly metric but did not realize Nevada had a better winning percentage against these opponents than RU.

How many were in the top half of 64 and how many bottom?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT