ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Gavin Wimsatt commits to Rutgers Football

Schiano and staff have done a wonderful job with this class and it will only get better now that Gavin has joined. This is a great time to develop an expansion plan for the stadium. Tickets will be in high demand.
Lets pump the brakes and fill the stadium first for a few years. Still need a new indoor practice facility first.

If the Jets and Giants continue to play like they have been over the last few years we could be the best football option for the NJ/NY Metro area.

Schiano deserves all the credit in the world for this. But the impact of the fans should not go unnoticed. Politi highlighted it in an article and the Rant - “RU fans take a bow”. On the Rant he said - RU nation fought back and shocked the world - “I didn’t think this fan base had it in them”. That’s culture building - it matters seeing a commitment from a fan base. Also doesn’t hurt that nobody is going to view Schiano as using RU as a stepping stone. He’s at RU for the long hall and every recruit knows it. That’s huge too.

Lets pump the brakes and fill the stadium first for a few years. Still need a new indoor practice facility first.

If the Jets and Giants continue to play like they have been over the last few years we could be the best football option for the NJ/NY Metro area.

So true. The athletic department also just went through a year without any ticket sale revenue, so they are in a bit of a hole. If in a couple of years there are 35,000 season ticket holders and you have the steel going up on an indoor practice facility, then you can look into a stadium expansion.

What I like about our early ranking is that it not a paper tiger. We have had so many classes where it is ranked early in the process because we just have more recruits. Loaded with 2 and 3 star players. This class has the legit makings of a top 20 type class in the long run. 11 recruits and 5 are 4 star players. And the guys that are 3 star are well thought of, have the size and all projected to be a contributing player/starter during their career.
We have also had a couple of top 50-60 type players- AD, Huggins, Hamilton...But this is at QB...And we hear of no known weakness on this kid. Dual threat, Size, Gun, accurate, leader...
QB's are also the most likely recruits to keep their commitment as well. He had some big programs going after him. But those are the type of schools that will just move on to the next top 100 guy tomorrow.

Schiano and staff have done a wonderful job with this class and it will only get better now that Gavin has joined. This is a great time to develop an expansion plan for the stadium. Tickets will be in high demand.
Too premature with stadium expansion we have more pressing structural plans such as a new Fieldhouse practice facility along with expansion to the Hale Center.

Too premature with stadium expansion we have more pressing structural plans such as a new Fieldhouse practice facility along with expansion to the Hale Center.
My understanding is the Hale Center won’t be expanded. The plans currently call for a whole new structure with an attached indoor facility for football. The Hale Center will then be used for other Olympic Sports that will move over from Livingston. Those intramural fields are likely to be where new stadiums for baseball/softball are located.

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
As long as they build a new fieldhouse practice facility.I’m sure the new RU facility hopefully in 5 years will encompass all the facets Schiano will want for the team. I missed the part on using the current Hale for other sports and that’s great.Thanks Cali

Gavin - Congratulations on your decision. You will leave here a grown man with a highly valuable degree and, hopefully, some bowl championships as well. I'm happy for you and your family, and look forward to cheering for you and your team mates. Go RU!

What I like about our early ranking is that it not a paper tiger. We have had so many classes where it is ranked early in the process because we just have more recruits. Loaded with 2 and 3 star players. This class has the legit makings of a top 20 type class in the long run. 11 recruits and 5 are 4 star players. And the guys that are 3 star are well thought of, have the size and all projected to be a contributing player/starter during their career.
We have also had a couple of top 50-60 type players- AD, Huggins, Hamilton...But this is at QB...And we hear of no known weakness on this kid. Dual threat, Size, Gun, accurate, leader...
QB's are also the most likely recruits to keep their commitment as well. He had some big programs going after him. But those are the type of schools that will just move on to the next top 100 guy tomorrow.

Agreed...... many years we would get a bunch of three star verbals early, so the ranking would have us high up since quantity is factored in ..... but as other programs filled out their classes we would sink pretty far
IF......IF we can follow this up with several more four stars I can see us in the final rankings mid 20's or so.... if we get five, six more four stars than we are really cooking and well inside the top 20

Agreed...... many years we would get a bunch of three star verbals early, so the ranking would have us high up since quantity is factored in ..... but as other programs filled out their classes we would sink pretty far
IF......IF we can follow this up with several more four stars I can see us in the final rankings mid 20's or so.... if we get five, six more four stars than we are really cooking and well inside the top 20
We most likely aren’t getting 5-6 more 4 stars. Maybe 2 more. But even with 5 and if the rest are solid 3 star- I believe we are in top 25. We get up to 7 4 star players and the rest 3 star. In the 18-22 range.
I believe we also picked up a couple of mult year starters from the portal this year. We need to keep doing that as well.
We become a top half of the B1G within 2 years.

We most likely aren’t getting 5-6 more 4 stars. Maybe 2 more. But even with 5 and if the rest are solid 3 star- I believe we are in top 25. We get up to 7 4 star players and the rest 3 star. In the 18-22 range.
I believe we also picked up a couple of mult year starters from the portal this year. We need to keep doing that as well.
Yep, even with just 1-2 more 4 stars and the rest generally 3-stars, we'd likely be in the 20-25 range, based on past rankings, where quite a few teams with 4-7 4-stars and the balance 3-stars (and no 5-stars) were in the top 25.

https://247sports.com/season/2021-football/compositeteamrankings/

Good post agree
I would feel a lot more comfortable with securing Our qb commit with several more
four star verbals to keep him excited for our future.
Just to be on the safe side

Reactions: RU848789
Any chance of Fletcher or somebody else bumping to a 4 star? Figure a big stretch to get Wimsatt to a 5.

Any talk of another stadium expansion is very premature. We need to show that we have sufficient demand before doing that. And by sufficient demand I mean multiple full season sellouts including non conference games, or at least very close to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUDave_01
Coach Schiano has had artist renderings of Rutgers Stadium with a second level around the end zones since Schiano 1 days. We do have to have the permanent indoor facility, a baseball stadium, and a softball stadium too.

Last edited:
Coach Schiano has had artist renderings if Rutgers Stadium with a second level around the end zones since Schiano 1 days. We do have to have the permanent indoor facility, a baseball stadium, and a softball stadium too.
Also, iirc, the foundation for the expansion of the south endzone was built to accommodate an eventual 2nd deck; no idea about the old north endzone, though if a full 2nd level was envisioned.

Reactions: Greg2020
Somebody on this board used to post a rendering of what the stadium would look like. I can’t remember who used to post it, but for some reason I think the rendering was by a woman.

May I take the Liberty of adding" On your way to the NFL".
giphy.gif

Also, iirc, the foundation for the expansion of the south endzone was built to accommodate an eventual 2nd deck; no idea about the old north endzone, though if a full 2nd level was envisioned.
Yeah, but that was all pre-Covid.

Reactions: kyleman4
We have never had a QB this good in all of the physical and mental aspects of being a QB. I think the closest are probably Ray Lucas and Mike McMahon.

Can Gavin get here already? Lol!

If he plays as good as Mike McMahon we will all be very happy. Many NYD Bowl games ahead.
Mike would have thrived in this offense under Gleeson.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT