ADVERTISEMENT

Geo most clutch player in RU history

Is Geo Baker the most clutch player in Rutgers Basketball history?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love his demeanor after he hits a big shot. It's always pure joy. I am mot a fan of guys snarling and trying to lookbtough. You can see how much Geo loves the game.
You took the words out of my mouth. I have not enjoyed watching a player this much since Walt Frazier when I was a kid.

I voted no because it said best ever. A lot of you young people never say Phil Sellers play. I will say this Geo - as far as being clutch - has been the most consistent one for as long as I can remember. Douby was clutch many times also but not as much as Geo. As another poster said Geo/Sellers and I am fine with that.

I voted no because it said best ever. A lot of you young people never say Phil Sellers play. I will say this Geo - as far as being clutch - has been the most consistent one for as long as I can remember. Douby was clutch many times also but not as much as Geo. As another poster said Geo/Sellers and I am fine with that.

Most clutch ? It can be geo. Phil definitely best ever ...but geo isn’t done and he won’t approach Phil as best ever ,
But a game winner in the tournament could be coming ! Geordano is clutch !

Reactions: Doteman and TODDB33
Seems summer confusing best with most clutch player. Phil the thrill was definitely better than Geo.

But ‘Phil never had the number of clutch shot the Geo is already made.

but Phil never had the number of clutch shots the Geo is already made.

I think it also bears Mentioning that there will come a day when Dia will miss one of the shots and it doesn’t make him any less clutch. The things that are already in the bank are already in the bank.

Biggest clutch player ever at Rutgers

his few haters here who we all know by name can suck it

Yes they can. Kid is a baller and clutch as hell. Also so likable.

He clearly wasn’t even close to 100% when he came back yet we had posters knocking him and even one who basically said he shouldn’t even play going forward. Suck it!

Best ever? That has to go to Phil Sellers. I would however rate Geo right behind him. Phil completely controlled the game and Rutgers hsd its best seasons ever under him. He was bigger and stronger than Geo and his temperament rubbed off onto his teammates which were better overall than Geo's. Tom Young's key words in any tight situation huddle was....get the ball to Phil! This doesn't diminish any of Geo's accomplishments. He's a true warrior and right here behind Phil. Knowing Phil and the rest of the players on the 1976 era team they all are equally proud of Baker. But Phil was extra special!

Reactions: Antnee79
Lost in his amazing offense down the stretch, was his defense on #55 in the final possession of OT. That guy hit wide open 3 to tie it just before and was their clutch shooter, they ran a set play to get it to him to hit the shot but Geo’s defense including getting around a screen was amazing. That’s what forced Purdue into chaos in the final 3 seconds and won us the game. 0 needs to hang in the rafters not only for what he’s done on the stat sheet but what he means to this team that is our magic historical team

Reactions: JavaDunk18
Maybe in MBB...sure...I can think of at least a few women’s players who were AS clutch if not more

Sue Wicks (still the best)
Telicher Austin (you did not want to eff with her)
Cappie Pondexter

but Geo is pretty impressive in that category?

Geo is the most important Rutgers basketball player in the last four and half decades!!!! FACT

he is a special player and person. Put Rutgers on his back. Pikiell got him here based on what could be and he turned it into reality.

A lot of truth to this. The Baker type recruit was what Pikiell/Knight, especially Knight from what I hear, was what laid the blueprint for how Pikiell recruited from the start to now. Underrated, doubted, hard workers.

Shake and Baked! Just a kid from the great Northeast!

Geo Baker deserves all the positive that comes to him. Humble kid that knows how to give back.

A lot of positive things in his future 0 doubt.

Reactions: BuckRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT