ADVERTISEMENT

Gimme Danger Iggy Pop

FELONIOUSMONK

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2012
Watched this great documentary tonight under the stars in Highland Park about a band that has had as much influence as any short of the Beatles or Stones..They incorpoeated pieces of The British Invasion ,James Brown , american garage rock and punk .The Stooges and The MC5 were part of the long deep history of musicians from Michigan both black and white. Check it out.

Both of these bands were punk rock before it got its name. Go ask the remaining Ramone who they listened to . Punk didnt start with the The Ramones or the Pistols.Watch this documentary and tell me that Iggy was not punk.

I can hear the progression to punk.. thanks OP and Youtube

The Sonics (obviously a later recording but the early stuff on youtube was badly recorded)

MC5

Stooges

Trailer for Gimme Shelter

And its good to be Iggy..

Last edited:
Both of these bands were punk rock before it got its name. Go ask the remaining Ramone who they listened to . Punk didnt start with the The Ramones or the Pistols.Watch this documentary and tell me that Iggy was not punk.

They didn't call themselves that. Those two and the New York Dolls helped influence the the new style that came later on. They were Heavy Rock. There were a lot of Heavy Rock bands back them, they were extra raw however.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT