ADVERTISEMENT

Goodale with the BOOM!

With Hamilton in the fold as well for now, looks like next year is also shaping up to be a nice year in recruiting.

Excited to watch him wrestle this year knowing he’s one of ours. Hoping him and Poz can both bring home state titles.

Is there anyone else in NJ that is committed here?

Edit: O’Neil also has a chance to win one. Epperley can probably reach the podium but I’m not high on him.

Reactions: Leonard23
Agreed.

He quietly had a great year last year. Only lost two matches, both by 6-4 decisions to JoJo (#1 @ 138) and Malyke Hines from FL (#8 at 138 in country; now at Lehigh) at Escape the Rock. Finished #3 at the state tournament because he got a terrible seed (#9?) and had to face JoJo in the quarterfinals, rather than in the finals.

He is going to blow up and make some serious noise the next two years so I'm happy we were able to secure his commitment now.

Is he is projected at 157?
Do we see Kanniard/Vulkah at 165
Turley @ 174

Looks like we could be set in middleweights for a few years

Reactions: rubigtimenow
He is most likely going to wrestle at 145 or maybe even 152 this year so I would guess either 149/157 in college

Reactions: R U Crazy
All,

Sorry I’ve been MIA the last week or so. Had a death in the family, and that mixed with the holiday required my attention to be elsewhere. I’ll have some content coming in the following days to make up for my absence. One, being my grade of each weight class thus far in the early season.

As for Dylan Weaver’s commitment, this is a great pick up for Rutgers. Talent aside, keeping an in-state blue-chip prospect home, who was being recruited by big time programs, is a great win in the recruiting battle for Rutgers wrestling. For those who do not know, Weaver took visits to Okie State, Indiana, and Iowa State.

As far as ability goes, Weaver has the intangibles to be great at the next level. He is as stubborn as they come, and will fight for every point, while refusing to give up points. That kind of grit translates well to the collegiate style. Weaver is very athletic and quick on his feet, bringing an arsenal of low level attacks. From the top position, Weaver likes to go to a spiral ride, that he transitions to a boot. He will ride boots for both scoring purposes, and to control the opposition to chew up time on the clock.

Dylan Weaver started at Bergen Catholic his freshman year, but later transferred to Lyndhurst high school, home of Donny Pritzlaff. Weaver has won two NHSCA grade level national titles, and placed third in the NJSIAA state tournament at 138-lbs. Weaver, now a junior, will be an early favorite to win a state title this year. Currently, Dylan Weaver is ranked 19th in the country at 138-lbs by Flowrestling, and is 34th on the 2021 big board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT