ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Schiano, Rutgers agree to contract extension

I like Schiano but don't love the extension. OK with the raise.

Ain't my money, tho, so whatever.

I think he’s probably a better-than-decent person. He’s an average-to-decent HC. If RU goes 6+ wins again next year, I’d have been okay with an extension to 2027, and the raise.

I think it was an unwise gamble to do this year and for so long. Not saying I don’t think he can get the job done. He might, or he might not. Just saying it’s still too much of an unknown and one .500 season doesn’t prove anything.

Reactions: zazoo2002
That is a lot of guaranteed year...hmmm
I think it’s normal, but he really has 3-4 years before fans are down his throat for better results. If we are at 5-6 wins a year by that time, the decision to fire will be made in 4 years. A lot of coaches are fired with 3 years left on their contract.

I think he’s probably a better-than-decent person. He’s an average-to-decent HC. If RU goes 6+ wins again next year, I’d have been okay with an extension to 2027, and the raise.

I think it was an unwise gamble to do this year and for so long. Not saying I don’t think he can get the job done. He might, or he might not. Just saying it’s still too much of an unknown and one .500 season doesn’t prove anything.

Yup, same, but I'd like to see a winning record next year.

The way we finished the season just didn't inspire confidence.

It ain't your money until the AD says "We need you!" to fund the RAC renovation, or indoor practice facility, or upgrade the locker rooms, or fund athlete scholarships.

Reactions: fsg2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT