ADVERTISEMENT

GT in the Pinstripe

Some pretty impressive offensive stats.
Posted this another thread also but the Georgia Tech game could get ugly if RU plays like they did against Md. They are a good team that played a one score game with Georgia and beat Miami and UNC. RU would need to play one of its better games to compete.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Yes they are pretty good offensively.. On the other hand, they also gave up 35 or more points 6 times.

They have the #34 Offense and the #119 Defense.

Reactions: shields
It was 31-13 and they scored last 10 points. Georgia may have let up and remember BC beat them and BC is not that good.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
We beat VA Tech and I think we could beat them.
We got them early…right now they would beat us.
To have a chance we would need all players participating and not skipping the game because of the NFL draft. Also having Powell and DT Ahanotu back on Defense for the game is imperative.

Yes they are pretty good offensively.. On the other hand, they also gave up 35 or more points 6 times.

They have the #34 Offense and the #119 Defense.
Stat is irrelevant in a specific matchup. What are they against the run and against the pass ? If they can’t stop the passing game, it’s hardly a problem against our team.

I get that but their defense is not good and Kyle has said he wants to play in game.

Reactions: Kbee3
Since Shelby likely won't answer since it doesn't say what he wants......

The NCAA lists 130 teams. Tech's Run Defense is #128 at 225.7 YPG

They're #127 in Yds Per Attempt at 5.41.

BTW, BC is #122 and #126 in those categories.
Shelby only pointed out the uselessness of the stat, and did not have a desired answer in mind.

It would appear that GT isn’t stout against the run, which is a good thing if the matchup materializes.

It will be a pretty good bowl game. Has Rutgers ever played Georgia Tech before? I don't remember them playing each other.

all GT needs to do is stop our run and it's a different game. Cannot take them lightly and bowl games take on a whole different persona

one thing we do have, the wild card, is Greg. as much as I think he sucks, he's great in bowl games and only time I'd bet on him

Reactions: BillyC80
You can be assured, even without our best linebacker.
Several weeks off and the ability to re- charge the battery will result in a very formidable defense against Georgia Tech.
Our only chance like every other game we won is if Kyle (the best back in the league) goes off.
If GT stops the run we have zero chance, we don’t have the ability to throw to set up the run like a bad Iowa offense did to us

Posted this another thread also but the Georgia Tech game could get ugly if RU plays like they did against Md. They are a good team that played a one score game with Georgia and beat Miami and UNC. RU would need to play one of its better games to compete.
They also lost the Boston College and Bowling Green, but you seem to not give two shits about that. They also have the single worst rushing defense in all of P5 ranked 128 out of 130 in the nation. 120th nation overall total defense. But, according to you, those things don’t matter

Reactions: Kbee3
Several weeks off and the ability to re- charge the battery will result in a very formidable defense against Georgia Tech.
Our only chance like every other game we won is if Kyle (the best back in the league) goes off.
If GT stops the run we have zero chance, we don’t have the ability to throw to set up the run like a bad Iowa offense did to us
They can NOT stop the run….128 out of 130 nationally. And, agree, this team needs four weeks of rest and recovery time. No question especially on defense!

Not going to a bowl game in a cold baseball stadium in overpriced NY. Why can’t it be in Tampa or Orlando or anywhere warm. In a football stadium
Yes, we all would love to be going to a warm weather city, but that’s not the case. Oh well. A ton of us will be there in just like the last two times. We’ll have a blast. Shit, if I recall caught correctly, the Notre Dame game was in the mid 50s. We were sitting in the upper deck in long-sleeved T-shirts for half the game.

They can NOT stop the run….128 out of 130 nationally. And, agree, this team needs four weeks of rest and recovery time. No question especially on defense!
You know I put no stock in facts…lol
I don’t care how many yards on the ground GT gives up.
It’s all about us.
We don’t know if GT ever sold out to stop the run all year because they faced offenses who could throw, we can’t.

You know I put no stock in facts…lol
I don’t care how many yards on the ground GT gives up.
It’s all about us.
We don’t know if GT ever sold out to stop the run all year because they faced offenses who could throw, we can’t.
lol okay...how about this:

BC and Bowling Green are NOT exactly offensive powerhouses YET BC rolled up a shit-ton of yards on them, over 500 IIRC, and both put up 38-points in "W's" over The Ramblin' Wreck. So, no, it's not "all about us,' IMHO, HOWEVER getting healthy and rested (the D, let's face it, looked exhausted on Saturday...) and GREG with 30-days (or so) to prepare, IMHO, are all a "plus" for our side. Oh, btw, the ACC sucks in comparison to the B1G right now. Another "plus" for the good guys lol!

I wouldn't bet against Greg with a few weeks to scheme and get healthy. Guy's 5-2 in bowls. Plus playing offense in the ACC is a helluva lot easier than playing it in the B1G.

lol okay...how about this:

BC and Bowling Green are NOT exactly offensive powerhouses YET BC rolled up a shit-ton of yards on them, over 500 IIRC, and both put up 38-points in "W's" over The Ramblin' Wreck. So, no, it's not "all about us,' IMHO, HOWEVER getting healthy and rested (the D, let's face it, looked exhausted on Saturday...) and GREG with 30-days (or so) to prepare, IMHO, are all a "plus" for our side. Oh, btw, the ACC sucks in comparison to the B1G right now. Another "plus" for the good guys lol!
I’m right with you on our defense showing up.
I wouldn’t want to play Bowling Green or Toledo from the Mac.
Maryland only scored 13 against Nebraska, remember that.😊
Kyle needs to play and we need to run the ball because we sure as hell can’t throw it…it’s all on us.

I wouldn't bet against Greg with a few weeks to scheme and get healthy. Guy's 5-2 in bowls. Plus playing offense in the ACC is a helluva lot easier than playing it in the B1G.
agree

see my earlier post. for season games you absolutely bet against Greg but in bowl games, he's good, real good

his approach is totally different and he plays to win

Reactions: koleszar
Georgia Tech would whip Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue, Nebraska, MSU, etc…
I don’t buy the ACC is that bad,

Reactions: RobotHunter
All of these teams are in play:
- Syracuse 6-6 (not sure if ACC has a rule about no consecutive years) - unlikely
- Boston College 6-6 (probably ending up in the Fenway Bowl) - unlikely
- Clemson 8-4 (probably getting into a better bowl despite off year) - unlikely
- Georgia tech 6-6 (right record, no compelling reason to go to a different bowl) - likely
- Duke 7-5 (probably getting into a better bowl but maybe not) - decent possibility
- Miami 7-5 (nobody is talking about sending them north) - unlikely
- UNC 8-4 (probably getting into a bowl more local to them) - unlikely
- VT 6-6 (they won't replay a game from the regular season) - unlikely

While you'd have to consider GT the favorite, there are potentially 7 alternatives. So maybe wait until next Monday to continue this discussion.

Reactions: RUScrew85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT